American History, Chapter 44
Coming to you this week from the Fitzgerald Theater, we've got Dobro daredevil Jerry Douglas with grand champion fiddler Luke Bulla, singers Jearlyn Steele, Kari Shaw, Andra Suchy, Joanna Jahn, the Royal Academy of Radio Acting; Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Tom Keith, Rich Dworsky and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and much more. Join us this week for a post-election live broadcast performance.
Click any image to start the slideshow
- 00:00:00 - Logo
- 00:00:13 - Tishomingo Blues
- 00:02:40 - GK opens, talks about election, Obama family
- 00:03:47 - "Post-election Medley" - GK/ Jearlyn/ band
- 00:11:33 - Boomers script
- 00:20:00 - France script
- 00:23:15 - "Back in the U.S.A." - Pat Donohue, band and The Dollys
- 00:25:48 - Coffee Theme
- 00:27:37 - "Let it Be Medley" - Jearlyn Steele and band
- 00:31:30 - Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:34:50 - GK talks to the The Dollys
- 00:37:04 - "Those Memories Of You" - The Dollys and The Shoe Band
- 00:40:15 - Tumbling Underwear script
- 00:42:41 - Mom script (video)
- 00:48:09 - "Happy Day" - Shoe band (video)
- 00:50:36 - GK intros Jerry Douglas and Luke Bulla
- 00:52:05 - "Route Irish" - Jerry Douglas and Luke Bulla with the Shoe Band
- 00:57:05 - Jerry intros Luke Bulla
- 00:57:50 - "Can't You Hear Me Callin' (Sweetheart of Mine)" - Luke Bulla, Jerry Douglas and Shoe Band
- 01:01:20 - "Barack Obama song (Blue Moon of Kentucky)" - GK/ Band
- 01:03:28 - Intermission/"Exactly Like You"
- 01:06:50 - Greetings
- 01:11:10 - "Vermeland" - Maria Jette and Richard Dworsky with Gary Raynor
- 01:13:42 - Guy Noir script
- 01:23:34 - GK intros Jerry and Luke
- 01:25:00 - "Trouble On Alum" - Jerry Douglas and Luke Bulla with Shoe Band
- 01:29:05 - "Glide" - Jerry Douglas and Luke Bulla with Shoe Band
- 01:33:07 - The News from Lake Wobegon
- 01:45:41 - "Estrellita" - Maria Jette and Pat Donohue
- 01:49:00 - Catchup script (video)
- 01:51:55 - "Long Gone Lonesome Blues" - The Dollys, Shoe Band
- 01:54:53 - Credits/"God Bless America"/"Fire on the Mountain"
Listen to individual segments as listed below
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).