BE AS YOU WISH TO SEEM
Coming to you this week from the Greek (′Ελληνες) Theater in Los Angeles, California, it's a live broadcast performance of A Prairie Home Companion. With this week's special guests, a West coast triple threat, leaving goose bumps in their wake, Sheryl Crow, k.d. lang, and Martin Sheen. Also with us, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors; Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Fred Newman, singer Heather Masse, the Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and The News from Lake Wobegon.
Click any image to start the slideshow
- 00:00:00 - Logo
- 00:00:11 - Tishomingo Blues
- 00:03:02 - Driving With the Top Down
- 00:07:38 - GK talks about Sonia Sotomayor, "Sotomayor Salsa"
- 00:11:35 - Guy Noir script
- 00:25:41 - GK intros k.d. lang
- 00:26:29 - "Thread" - k.d. lang
- 00:30:20 - "Western Stars" - k.d. lang
- 00:34:13 - Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:35:54 - "Back to California" - Heather Masse and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:38:31 - English Majors script
- 00:40:49 - "Beach Ball" - The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:42:42 - Mom script
- 00:47:42 - "That Wang Dang Doodle" - Pat Donohue and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:50:01 - GK intros Sheryl Crow
- 00:50:28 - "Strong Enough" - Sheryl Crow and band
- 00:53:55 - "Detours" - Sheryl Crow and band
- 00:57:51 - Sheet Music script
- 00:59:40 - Intermission
- 01:02:38 - Welcome Back to the 2nd Half
- 01:02:50 - Arnold script, greetings
- 01:04:35 - GK intros "Midnight Sun"
- 01:05:08 - "Midnight Sun" - Heather Masse and band
- 01:09:05 - "Personal Ads" - Sheryl Crow, Heather Masse, Fred Newman, GK
- 01:16:53 - "Honkin' on the Freeway" - Andy Stein and Shoe Band
- 01:17:43 - Sheen script
- 01:22:45 - GK intros k.d. lang
- 01:23:08 - "I Dream of Spring" - k.d. lang
- 01:27:39 - GK talks with k.d. lang
- 01:27:56 - "Jealous Dog" - k.d. lang
- 01:30:38 - The News from Lake Wobegon
- 01:47:41 - "Redemption Day" - Sheryl Crow and band
- 01:52:05 - GK talks with Sheryl Crow
- 01:52:33 - "Hard To Make A Stand" - Sheryl Crow and band
- 01:55:58 - Credits, Angel Band, Bye Bye Love, Beach Ball
Listen to individual segments as listed below
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).