This week on A Prairie Home Companion, we're broadcasting live from the Fitzgerald Theater in downtown Saint Paul, Minnesota. Special guest Neko Case will conjure up a storm of song with her elemental voice and genre-meshing musical style. Singer Connie Evingson will be joining us as well. Also with us, singer Andra Suchy, Jearlyn and Jevetta Steele, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors: Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and our sound effects man Mr. Tom Keith, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, plus all the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
- 00:00:00 - Logo
- 00:00:12 - Tishomingo Blues
- 00:02:30 - GK opens, talks about the snow, Obama's Nobel Peace Prize, Swedes
- 00:05:50 - Ain't Nobody's Fault But Mine - Pat Donohue and band with GK, Andra Suchy, Jearlyn & Jevetta Steele
- 00:08:52 - I'm A Woman - Jearlyn & Jevetta Steele and Shoe Band
- 00:12:00 - Goin' To Sit Down on the Banks of the River - Pat Donohue and band with GK, Andra Suchy, Jearlyn & Jevetta Steele
- 00:15:52 - The Lives of the Cowboys script
- 00:27:00 - GK talks about Neko Case, who will be appearing a bit later
- 00:28:19 - Walk Away Renee - Andra Suchy, GK and Shoe Band
- 00:31:56 - Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:33:48 - Guy Noir script
- 00:46:40 - GK talks about the Steele sisters
- 00:47:44 - Baby I Love You - Jearlyn & Jevetta Steele
- 00:50:05 - GK intros Neko Case
- 00:51:39 - People Got A Lotta Nerve - Neko Case
- 00:54:17 - Middle Cyclone - Neko Case
- 00:57:32 - GK talks to Neko Case and Kelly Hogan about the music box
- 00:58:02 - That Teenage Feeling - Neko Case
- 01:00:01 - You're Gonna Need Somebody on Your Side - Pat Donohue and band with GK, Andra Suchy, Jearlyn & Jevetta Steele
- 01:04:37 - Intermission - Deep Water
- 01:08:45 - Welcome Back to the Second Half, Allergy script
- 01:11:38 - Greetings
- 01:13:56 - Love Me Tender - GK, Andra Suchy, band
- 01:16:38 - Bass script (with Connie Evingson, vocals)
- 01:29:30 - News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:45:00 - Soon - Jearlyn & Jevetta Steele and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 01:48:38 - Catchup script
- 01:51:51 - GK talks to Neko Case, she performs "Don't Forget Me"
- 01:55:33 - Credits, Goin' to Sit Down on the Banks of the River reprise
Listen to individual segments as listed below
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).