The Old Pueblo Sunshine Factory
Coming to you this week from the Tucson Convention Center Arena in Tucson, Arizona, it's a live broadcast performance of A Prairie Home Companion. With special guests, local Chicano band iMas, legend of the accordion Joel Guzmán, accomplished singer and picker Dave Rawlings, and singer-songwriter Andra Suchy. Also with us, The Royal Academy of Radio Actors; Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Fred Newman, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
- 00:00:00 - Logo
- 00:00:12 - Tishomingo Blues
- 00:02:15 - SFX script
- 00:04:23 - Cool Water- GK, Andra, Shoe Band
- 00:08:32 - La Revolcada- Joel Guzman and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:11:11 - The Monkey and the Engineer- Dave Rawlings Machine
- 00:14:47 - Poem script
- 00:18:00 - GK intros iMas
- 00:18:35 - Como Sera La Mujar- iMas
- 00:22:28 - The Lives of the Cowboys script
- 00:31:00 - Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:32:30 - GK intros Dave Rawlings Machine
- 00:32:51 - Ruby- Dave Rawlings Machine
- 00:38:03 - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright- GK and band
- 00:41:23 - Guy Noir script
- 00:51:26 - Padre Prays For Rain- Joel Guzman and Shoes (Joel intros)
- 00:56:00 - Hot Corn, Cold Corn- Dave Rawlings Machine
- 00:59:56 - Intermission- Oh, Lady Be Good- Shoe band
- 01:04:08 - Welcome Back to the 2nd Half, Tucson notes
- 01:05:58 - Tucson jingle- GK/ Andra/ Shoes
- 01:06:47 - Greetings
- 01:10:44 - GK talks about Marty Robbins, "At the End of a Long Lonely Day"
- 01:14:45 - GK intros iMas
- 01:16:37 - Cumbia Del Sol- iMas
- 01:20:00 - Tucson notes, band underscore, Theme from "The Big Country"
- 01:23:28 - No Rust in Tucson- GK, Andra Suchy and Shoes
- 01:26:30 - Estrellita- Joel Guzman and Pat Donohue
- 01:29:15 - News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:38:53 - GK talks with Dave Rawlings, "I Hear Them All/ This Land is Your Land"
- 01:44:55 - Don't Take Your Gun To Town- GK, Andra, Shoes
- 01:48:20 - Palomita Blanca- iMas with Joel Guzman
- 01:51:31 - Catchup script
- 01:54:11 - Credits, Goodnight Sweetheart
Listen to individual segments as listed below
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).