Happy Birthday F. Scott Fitzgerald
This week on A Prairie Home Companion, it's the annual season opener, meatloaf supper, and street dance. With special guests, Texas country greats The Derailers, bandleader Rob Fisher and the White Bear Yacht Club Orchestra, and broadway actress Christine DiGiallonardo. Also with us, The Royal Academy of Radio Actors; Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Tom Keith, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and singer Andra Suchy. Plus, the very latest News from Lake Wobegon.
In this week's file: three scripts (English Majors, Bugs and Guy Noir); two songs ("Dear Scott Fitzgerald" and "All in Due Time"); and The News from Lake Wobegon.
- 00:00:00 - Logo
- 00:00:13 - Tishomingo Blues
- 00:02:33 - GK opens, script with Jim Ramlet's "Ol Man Winter"
- 00:07:05 - Dear Scott Fitzgerald- GK/ Richard Dworsky
- 00:09:42 - GK talks about F. Scott Fitzgerald
- 00:10:50 - Doin' the Raccoon- Christine DiGiallonardo and the White Bear Yacht Club Orchestra
- 00:13:00 - F. Scott Fitzgerald script
- 00:33:56 - Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:37:00 - Bye Bye Blackbird- GK/ Andra Suchy/ Shoes
- 00:38:50 - English Majors script
- 00:41:00 - Hey Valerie- The Derailers
- 00:43:56 - Guaranteed to Satisfy- The Derailers
- 00:47:19 - Guy Noir script
- 01:01:04 - Ain't We Got Fun- Christine DiGiallonardo and the White Bear Yacht Club Orchestra
- 01:04:00 - Intermission- Beale Street Blues and Clarinet Marmalade- the White Bear Yacht Club Orchestra
- 01:07:45 - GK announces next Cinecast, greetings
- 01:10:55 - True Love Ways- GK, Andra, Shoes
- 01:14:20 - Too Tight Rag- Pat Donohue and Shoes
- 01:16:30 - Bugs script
- 01:19:40 - All in Due Time- Richard Dworsky and Steve Kenyon
- 01:22:00 - The News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:34:30 - Copenhagen- the White Bear Yacht Club Orchestra
- 01:37:40 - GK talks about Rob Fisher
- 01:39:00 - GK talks more about Fitzgerald
- 01:41:50 - Keeping Out Of Mischief Now- Christine DiGiallonardo and the White Bear Yacht Club Orchestra
- 01:44:38 - Rhubarb script
- 01:49:00 - Come On- The Derailers
- 01:53:00 - GK talks about street dance
- 01:54:00 - Come On Let's Go- Pat Donohue and band
- 01:55:40 - Credits, Runnin' Wild
Listen to individual segments as listed below
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).