Falling into the Fitz
This week on A Prairie Home Companion, our October run at the Fitzgerald Theater keeps rolling along with acclaimed acoustic folk/pop duo Storyhill, and singer songwriter Andra Suchy. Also with us, The Royal Academy of Radio Actors; Tim Russell, Sue Scott and Tom Keith, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
In this week's file: three scripts (The Story of Bob: A Young Artist, Glasses, and Fritz Electronics/Positive Audio—Radio You Want to Hear); two songs ("All The Good Times Are Passed and Gone" and "I'll Fly Away"); and The News from Lake Wobegon.
- 00:00:00 - Logo
- 00:00:13 - Tishomingo Blues, GK opens, talks with Roy Blount Jr., “Hail Freedonia”
- 00:08:29 - Spanish is the Loving Tongue- GK/ Shoe Band
- 00:11:50 - It Makes No Difference- GK, Andra, Shoe Band
- 00:16:12 - The Story of Bob script
- 00:29:20 - Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:30:57 - All The Good Times Are Passed and Gone- GK, Andra, Pat, Rich, band
- 00:35:21 - GK recites William Blake with Butch Thompson, underscore
- 00:39:08 - Guy Noir script
- 00:51:25 - GK intros Storyhill
- 00:52:30 - Love Will Find You- Storyhill
- 00:55:26 - Fallen- Storyhill
- 00:59:09 - Love Me/ One Night With You- GK/ Shoe Band
- 01:02:30 - Intermission- Smoke in the Kitchen
- 01:06:33 - Greetings
- 01:09:42 - Julia/ In My Life- GK, Andra, Shoes
- 01:13:00 - GK talks with Storyhill
- 01:14:50 - For the Beauty of the Earth- Storyhill and GK
- 01:17:40 - Better Angels- Storyhill
- 01:21:32 - Glasses script
- 01:30:20 - Matchbox Blues- Pat Donohue and band
- 01:33:53 - Vicksburg Blues- Pat Donohue and Butch Thompson
- 01:37:19 - News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:47:30 - London Suite II: Chelsea- Butch Thompson
- 01:50:10 - Fritz script
- 01:51:20 - Paradise Lost- Storyhill
- 01:54:40 - Credits, Goodnight Sweetheart/ Bye Bye Love
Listen to individual segments as listed below
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).