Little Hands of Concrete
Coming to you live this week from The Town Hall in New York City, a broadcast performance of A Prairie Home Companion. With special guests—The Imposter: Elvis Costello, and Solas' great Dubliner John Doyle. Also with us The Royal Academy of Radio Actors; Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Fred Newman, vocalist Jearlyn Steele, Rich Dworksky and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:13 Tishomingo Blues
- 00:02:52 GK opens, talks about the tourists in Times Square
- 00:04:20 Over the Bridge and Through the Tunnel - GK/ Shoe Band
- 00:06:42 Wikileaks - GK/ Shoe Band
- 00:09:13 SFX script
- 00:12:48 GK intros John Doyle
- 00:14:31 SS Arabic - John Doyle
- 00:18:34 Little Sparrow - John Doyle and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:22:42 English Majors script
- 00:28:28 Slow Dance With Josephine - Elvis Costello with Jearlyn Steele and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:32:16 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:33:48 GK talks with Rich about Hanukah
- 00:35:42 Hanukah Medley - Richard Dworsky and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:38:20 Cowboys script
- 00:50:47 GK talks with Elvis Costello
- 00:51:23 You Hung the Moon - Elvis Costello and Shoe Band
- 00:55:43 A Voice in the Dark - Elvis Costello and Shoe Band
- 01:01:09 Intermission - Shine
- 01:09:52 Falling in Love Again - GK/ Jearlyn/ Shoe Band
- 01:12:53 Guy Noir script with Elvis Costello and Jearlyn Steele
- 01:29:02 GK talks with John Doyle
- 01:30:16 Liberty's Sweet Shore - John Doyla and Shoes
- 01:35:12 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:46:40 43rd St. Breakdown - Shoe Band
- 01:47:37 American Without Tears - Elvis Costello and Shoes with Jearlyn Steele and John Doyle
- 01:53:20 Credits, Jesus on the Mainline, Next Time I'm in Town, This Little Light
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).