Crest of Christmastide
A special compilation "best of Christmas" show featuring Robin and Linda Williams, Renee Fleming, Pat Donohue, Rob Fisher, Odetta, Music Sacra, The Boys of the Lough, Buffalo Philharmonic Chamber Singers, and the Sonos Handbell Ensemble.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 APHC Logo Open
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues
- 00:00:56 GK Intro
- 00:02:39 "Christmas Blues," Pat Donohue and Shoes
- 00:06:18 The Lives of the Cowboys script
- 00:15:41 Christmas Medley, Rob Fisher and Rich Dworsky
- 00:19:25 Santa Claus script
- 00:23:04 "Twelve Days of Christmas," GK and Tom SFX
- 00:26:18 GK Powdermilk Intro
- 00:26:46 Bethlehem Powdermilk with both choirs, Robin and Linda, Shoes
- 00:29:17 "Dance of the Sugarplum Fairies" from the Nutcracker, Sonos Handbell Ensemble
- 00:31:21 Christmas Family script
- 00:56:36 Intermission
- 01:01:12 GK Welcome Back
- 01:01:45 "Poor Little Jesus," Odetta
- 01:04:18 Rhubarb script
- 01:09:01 Christmas Medley, Rich Dworsky
- 01:11:06 GK Buster Intro
- 01:11:35 "Christ Child's Lullaby," The Boys of the Lough
- 01:16:11 Buster, The Dog of Christmas script
- 01:25:56 "Carolers at My Door," Buffalo Philharmonic Chamber Singers
- 01:28:17 "In the Bleak Midwinter," Music Sacra
- 01:31:55 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:49:00 "Hard Times," Renee Fleming and GK
- 01:53:44 GK Credits
- 01:54:55 "Silent Night" Audience Closer
- 01:58:39 Credits
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).