Garrison's special guests include poet Sharon Olds, authors Ian Frazier and Mary Gordon and playwright and author Paul Rudnick. They talk about holidays gone by when they were kids and read their writings about their own families. "It will be about," he says, "sweet reminiscence" of holidays past. Musical guests will be pianist Rob Fisher Broadway stars Kristin Chenoweth and Christine DiGiallonardo.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Tishomingo Blues
- 00:03:29 "Upper West Side Home" - Garrison Keillor
- 00:05:34 GK talks to Rob Fisher
- 00:06:42 GK & Kristin Chenoweth
- 00:08:45 "I Wish I Didn't Love You So" - Kristin Chenoweth
- 00:12:42 News From Lake Wobegon
- 00:18:51 GK introduces writers
- 00:25:13 Station break
- 00:28:10 GK & Ian Frazier
- 00:38:31 "In the Bleak Midwinter" - GK & Christine DiGiallonardo
- 00:41:48 GK & Mary Gordon
- 00:58:42 Intermission
- 01:03:28 GK - Welcome Back
- 01:04:48 "Hush Little Baby" - GK & Christine DiGiallonardo
- 01:08:57 Greetings
- 01:15:17 "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered" - Christine DiGiallonardo
- 01:17:57 GK & Sharon Olds
- 01:34:08 GK & Paul Rudnick
- 01:56:48 "The Parting Glass/Auld Lang" - Credits/Close
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).