Fresh and Rested
This week on A Prairie Home Companion our stalwart host is back at the microphone, rested from his stint in a hyperbaric chamber deep in the wings of the Fitzgerald Theater. Director Philip Brunelle and VocalEssence join Garrison and Andra Suchy, The Royal Academy of Radio Actors: Sue Scott, Tim Russell and Tom Keith. Plus, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band and the latest news from the deeply frozen Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:12 Opening jokes
- 00:04:27 "Tishomingo Blues" - GK and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:07:00 More jokes
- 00:08:30 "We Are The World" - VocalEssence with Shoe Band
- 00:10:38 More jokes
- 00:16:22 "Imagine" - Andra Suchy with The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:17:40 More jokes
- 00:20:22 "The Real Slim Shady" - VocalEssence with Shoe Band
- 00:20:50 More jokes
- 00:25:40 "You Make Me Feel Like I'm in Minnesota" - Andra Suchy and Shoe Band
- 00:28:40 GK asks for jokes from listeners
- 00:29:05 "The Other Carnival of the Animals" - Richard Dworsky, solo
- 00:33:00 Powdermilk Biscuit Theme
- 00:34:33 Groucho script - Tim Russell, with "Hail Freedonia" - VocalEssence
- 00:36:50 More jokes
- 00:38:07 "Student's Prayer" - VocalEssence
- 00:38:43 More jokes, with "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" - VocalEssence
- 00:45:50 More Jokes, with "Be Prepared" - VocalEssence
- 00:49:05 Jokes, with "Sheep" and "Laughing" - VocalEssence
- 00:53:44 "The Ying Tong Song" - VocalEssence, Tim Russell, Tom Keith and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:58:05 "Hail Freedonia" reprise
- 00:58:25 Intermission - "It's A Sin to Tell A Lie"
- 01:02:12 Welcome back to the 2nd half
- 01:02:38 "Please Help Me, I'm Falling" - GK, Andra, Shoes
- 01:05:28 GK talks with Roland Fowler of Embarrass, MN about the cold weather
- 01:10:30 Greetings, GK announces Ice Fishing Weekend
- 01:13:00 "The Plumber is the Man" - GK, Tim Russell, Shoe Band
- 01:15:56 Ketchup script
- 01:19:50 "Unfriended" - GK and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 01:21:48 Computer jokes
- 01:25:38 El Hambo, Sven, Ole & Lena jokes - VocalEssence and Tim Russell
- 01:28:55 "Popurri a la Mexicana" - VocalEssence
- 01:31:56 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:40:06 "Morning Has Broken" - GK, Andra, Shoe Band
- 01:43:04 Last jokes, jokes from the band and actors
- 01:55:05 Credits, "Turkey in the Straw", "Ying Tong Song" reprise
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).