Too Late to Turn Back Now
Coming to you this week from the Fitzgerald Theater in downtown Saint Paul, Minnesota, it's A Prairie Home Companion with the not retiring Garrison Keillor. This week's special guest, the man who puts the 'sting' in 'string', Sam Bush, and Nashville Songwriter, Berklee Alumna, and Biwabik, Minnesota native Emily Shackelton. Also with us, the voice of lightness Jearlyn Steele, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors; Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Sir Tom Keith, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:11 Tishomingo Blues
- 00:02:51 GK opens, talks about NASA, astronomy
- 00:06:45 Keep a-Knockin' - Pat, Sam, Jearlyn, GK, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:08:38 Coffee script
- 00:12:12 GK talks to Jearlyn Steele
- 00:12:42 Take Me For a Buggy Ride - Jearlyn Steele and band
- 00:15:40 GK intros Sam Bush
- 00:17:16 Same Ol' River - Sam Bush and band
- 00:22:13 GK intros Emily Shackelton
- 00:25:30 Memories Don't - Emily Shackelton and band
- 00:29:57 Love Like Mine - Emily Shackelton and band
- 00:33:50 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:36:00 GK talks with Sam Bush
- 00:36:44 Tennessee Blues/ Daybreak in Dixie - Sam Bush and Richard Kriehn with The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:40:19 English Majors script
- 00:47:30 Only You - GK, Jearlyn Steele and band
- 00:52:09 Guy Noir script
- 01:04:02 Intermission - Broadway
- 01:07:42 Greetings
- 01:09:55 The Snowstorm - GK and band
- 01:13:00 GK and Jearlyn talk
- 01:13:45 You Don't Know Me - Jearlyn Steele and band
- 01:17:43 GK brings Emily Shackelton back
- 01:18:38 Never Left Home - Emily Shackelton and band
- 01:22:54 Hotel script
- 01:26:10 O Love That Will Not Let Me Go - GK, Jearlyn, band
- 01:30:57 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:44:27 The Old Northwoods - Sam Bush and band
- 01:47:46 The Lives of the Cowboys script
- 01:56:20 Credits, Only You reprise
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).