East Village Education
Coming to you this week from the historic Broadway Town Hall in New York City, it's a live broadcast performance of A Prairie Home Companion. With special guests, traveling Tennessee troubadour extraordinaire Justin Townes Earle, and originally from Gary, Indiana, Gospel Singer Jearlyn Steele. Also with us, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors; Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and SFX man Mr. Fred Newman, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:11 Tishomingo Blues
- 00:02:30 SFX script
- 00:05:34 Spring script
- 00:13:11 Steady Rollin' Man- Pat Donohue and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:16:22 Guy Noir script
- 00:25:00 Darktown Strutters' Ball- GK, Jearlyn Steele, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:28:04 Why Don't You Love Me- GK, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:30:25 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:32:10 GK intros Justin Townes Earle
- 00:32:56 One More Night in Brooklyn- Justin Townes Earle
- 00:36:44 Ain't Waitin'- Justin Townes Earle
- 00:39:25 Atkins Road- Pat Donohue and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:41:03 Tom and Sally- GK and Jearlyn Steele, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:46:00 Basement script
- 00:52:35 The Lives of the Cowboys script
- 01:02:33 Intermission – Some of These Days
- 01:05:42 Greetings
- 01:09:37 New York- GK and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 01:12:40 GK talks with Jearlyn Steele
- 01:13:32 I Go to the Rock- Jearlyn Steele and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 01:17:00 Rich script
- 01:22:25 Harlem River Blues- Justin Townes Earle
- 01:25:31 Automobile Blues- Justin Townes Earle
- 01:29:53 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:43:23 Old Fashioned Love- Jearlyn Steele and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 01:47:00 Catchup script
- 01:49:37 Tears script
- 01:50:50 GK talks with Justin
- 01:53:53 Credits, My Minnesota Home/ Give a Dog a Bone
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).