DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU
Coming to you this week from the Amphitheater at Fort Tuthill County Park in Flagstaff, Arizona, it's a high altitude performance of A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor. With special guests, Country renaissance man Jimmie Dale Gilmore and The Wronglers, and brilliant writer and humorist Ian Frazier. Also with us, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors; Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Fred Newman, Rich Dworsky and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and vocalist Andra Suchy. Plus, the latest news from Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues
- 00:04:12 Flagstaff Song- GK/ Shoe Band
- 00:07:50 GK talks with Ian Frazier
- 00:09:00 Yard script
- 00:12:04 Blue Shadows On the Trail- GK/ Andra Suchy/ Band
- 00:14:32 The Lives of the Cowboys script
- 00:23:46 I Like it Like That- The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:25:42 Pizza script
- 00:26:29 Ashram script
- 00:28:36 Coffee script
- 00:29:24 Powdermilk Biscuit Break/ Way Out There
- 00:33:21 GK introduces Jimmie Dale Gilmore and The Wronglers
- 00:34:40 Time Changes Everything- The Wronglers with Jimmie Dale Gilmore
- 00:38:32 Deep Elm Blues- The Wronglers with Jimmie Dale Gilmore
- 00:42:19 GK talks with Ian Frazier
- 00:44:00 Ian Frazier reads his essay about Flagstaff
- 00:53:87 Guy Noir script
- 01:02:20 Rock & Roll Barbecue- Pat Donohue and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 01:05:44 Intermission- I Feel Fine
- 01:09:46 Greetings
- 01:13:00 Volver, Volver- GK, Andra, band
- 01:15:20 SFX script
- 01:18:48 GK talks with Ranger Della Yurcik
- 01:22:12 Astronomy script
- 01:27:19 Perdido en Dulces Recuerdos- Rich Dworsky and the Guys All-Star Shoe Band
- 01:30:24 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:42:09 GK intros The Wronglers
- 01:42:57 I'm Thinking Tonight of My Blue Eyes- The Wronglers with Jimmie Dale Gilmore
- 01:48:00 Waitin' For a Train- Jimmie Dale Gilmore and GK with Rob Gjersoe and Bill Martin
- 01:51:11 Prairie Lullaby- GK, Andra Suchy, Shoe Band
- 01:54:50 Public Service script
- 01:56:33 Brokedown Palace/ Soldier's Joy closer
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).