JE ME SOUVIENS
This week on A Prairie Home Companion, it's a show compiled from the live events onboard the MS Maasdam as we sailed the Northwest Atlantic, the Canadian Maritimes, and the Saint Lawrence River. With special guests, masters of foot-stomping French Canadian folk music, Le Vent du Nord and Genticorum, the reunited Hopeful Gospel Quartet, and our good friends Peter Ostroushko, Storyhill, Andra Suchy, Vern Sutton, and Butch Thompson. Plus, l'Académie Royale des Acteurs de Radio: Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Fred Newman, and the greatest band ever to sail the Seven Seas: The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues
- 00:03:01 GK opens/ "Mingle"
- 00:06:33 "He's Right on Time," Hopeful Gospel Quartet
- 00:10:46 GK intros Le Vent du Nord
- 00:11:44 "Octobre 1837," Le Vent du Nord
- 00:18:28 "Le Coeur en Trois," Le Vent du Nord
- 00:22:23 GK talks with the cruise naturalists
- 00:29:12 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:30:40 "Oh What A Beautiful Morning," Lake Wobegon Glee Club
- 00:33:14 GK intros Storyhill
- 00:34:29 "Love Will Find You," Storyhill
- 00:37:13 Guy Noir script
- 01:01:33 Intermission- "Whiskey Before Breakfast"
- 01:05:05 GK Welcome Back, talent show intro
- 01:06:19 "Crazy Arms," talent show winner Gioioa Underwood
- 01:09:16 GK intros Vern Sutton
- 01:10:58 "I'll See You Again," Vern Sutton
- 01:13:35 Mom script
- 01:24:11 GK intros Genticorum
- 01:24:54 "Galope Doux Bedon," Genticorum
- 01:28:29 "La Belle En Vous Aimant," Genticorum
- 01:31:19 GK intros Butch Thompson
- 01:32:05 "Chopin Waltz in D-flat major, Op. 70 No. 3," Butch Thompson
- 01:34:57 "Heart of the Heartland," Peter Ostroushko
- 01:39:24 GK talks about Quebec City, News from Lake Wobegon
- 01:47:03 GK intros Le Vent du Nord/ Genticorum
- 01:47:39 "Lanlaire," Le Vent du Nord/ Genticorum
- 01:53:38 GK thanks performers
- 01:54:10 "Take Me in Your Lifeboat," Hopeful Gospel Quartet
- 01:57:09 GK Credits/ "Big Mon"
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).