TRICK OR TREAT, I CAN SMELL YOUR HORSE'S FEET
Coming to you this week live from the Colorado Springs World Arena, it's A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor. Featuring the sweetest cowgirl singer West of the Mississippi, Stephanie Davis. Plus, our old Appalachian relations Robin and Linda Williams, and spirited string band The Haunted Windchimes. Also with us, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors; Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Fred Newman, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues
- 00:02:33 Moonlight on the River Colorado - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:04:07 It Is So Beautiful - GK and Richard Dworsky
- 00:08:17 Colorado Bound - Pat Donohue, GK, Stephanie Davis, Robin and Linda Williams and Shoe Band
- 00:11:42 Waitin' For a Train - The Haunted Windchimes (GK intros)
- 00:16:45 Wildlife Script
- 00:23:28 Give a Little Bit Back - Stephanie Davis with GK and Shoe Band (GK intros)
- 00:28:36 To Make You Feel My Love - GK, Stephanie Davis and Shoe Band
- 00:32:18 Powdermilk Biscuit Break - GK, Robin and Linda Williams, and Shoe Band
- 00:34:28 Tessie Mae - Robin and Linda Williams and Shoe Band (GK intros)
- 00:39:21 Cowboys Script
- 00:48:16 A Ballad of Human Progress - The Haunted Windchimes
- 00:52:20 Out With The Crow - The Haunted Windchimes
- 00:55:15 Keep On Walkin' - GK, Stephanie Davis, Robin and Linda Williams (GK intros)
- 00:59:45 Intermission - She Loves You
- 01:04:00 GK Greetings
- 01:07:43 Put Your Little Foot (Varsouviana) - GK and Shoe Band
- 01:10:58 Storms Never Last - Robin and Linda Williams with Shoe Band
- 01:15:20 Mom Script
- 01:23:42 Wanderin' Heart - The Haunted Windchimes
- 01:28:05 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:44:02 Santa Fe, New Mexico - Stephanie Davis and Shoe Band
- 01:47:06 Dog Script
- 01:53:00 Vampires Script
- 01:55:22 Credits into Goodnight Irene - GK, The Haunted Windchimes, Stephanie Davis, Robin and Linda Williams, and Shoe Band
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).