This week on A Prairie Home Companion a nostalgic fall rewind show featuring bits and pieces from a few shows we did last November, including the Punch Brothers with their song called "Next to the Trash," the angelic singing and fiddling Quebe Sisters Band, Public Radio's BFF Paula Poundstone, and The Nashville Bluegrass Band. Also, Floridian guitarist JJ Grey and mezzo-soprano Susan Graham as the diva Sally Saltine in an episode of Guy Noir. Plus, a segment devoted to our dearly departed Tom Keith, including: Larry in the Basement, Maurice from Café Beouf, and Tom sings in a kilt, totally commando.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 APHC Logo Open
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues
- 00:00:55 GK Intro Tom Keith Segment
- 00:03:22 (3/28/98) Larry script
- 00:09:01 (3/29/97) Café Boeuf
- 00:12:41 (1/23/99) "Wee Deoch and Doris" and "I Belong to Glasgow," GK, Tom Keith and Rich Dworsky
- 00:15:41 (1/16/99) Gunflint Trail
- 00:23:30 (9/26/09) "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," Connie Evingson
- 00:25:16 GK Powdermilk Intro
- 00:26:01 (11/20/10) Powdermilk Break
- 00:29:00 (11/20/10) Guy Noir with Susan Graham
- 00:42:19 (11/20/10) "Cold Cold Heart," Quebe Sisters Band
- 00:45:23 (11/20/10) Cowboys script with Susan Graham
- 00:56:32 (11/20/10) Handel "Ombra mai fu," Susan Graham
- 01:00:48 GK Intermission Credits (11/27/10 "Everybody Loves My Baby," Shoes)
- 01:04:56 GK Welcome Back
- 01:05:29 (11/27/10) "Rye Whiskey" and "Trash," Punch Brothers
- 01:13:14 (11/27/10) Tree script with Paula Poundstone, plus Shoes
- 01:24:54 GK Mono Intro
- 01:25:10 (11/13/10) "Tuck Away My Lonesome Blues" and Hush," The Nashville Bluegrass Band
- 01:31:37 (11/13/10) Monologue: The News from Lake Wobegon
- 01:46:48 (11/13/10) "The Sweetest Thing," JJ Grey
- 01:50:45 (11/13/10) Mom script
- 01:54:33 GK Credits
- 01:55:31 (11/27/10) "The Brakeman's Blues," Punch Brothers
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).