A FINE MUSICAL TRADITION
This week, a live broadcast performance from the Skoglund Center Auditorium at St. Olaf College in Northfield, MN. With special guests, the entire St. Olaf Orchestra and St. Olaf Choir in the same space, at the same time. Will there be enough air? Will somebody faint? Tune in and find out! Also with us, Philip Brunelle, vocalist Heather Masse, The Royal Academy of Radio Actors; Tim Russell and Sue Scott, Rich Dworsky and Pat Donohue, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:10 Varen Monologue - GK, St. Olaf Orchestra and St. Olaf Choir
- 00:02:34 Tishomingo Blues - GK, Richard Dworsky, Pat Donohue, St. Olaf Orchestra and St. Olaf Choir
- 00:06:38 Norge, mitt Norge - St. Olaf Choir
- 00:09:08 The Turtle Dove - St. Olaf Orchestra
- 00:12:47 Ketchup Script
- 00:15:32 I'm A Lutheran - GK, Heather Masse, Richard Dworsky and Pat Donohue
- 00:19:17 Sustain Script
- 00:20:39 How Can I Keep From Singing? - Heather Masse, GK, St. Olaf Orchestra, Richard Dworsky and Pat Donohue
- 00:24:55 St. Olaf Choir Monologue - GK and Philip Brunelle
- 00:31:28 Powdermilk Biscuit Break - GK, Richard Dworsky and Pat Donohue
- 00:33:09 GK intros St. Olaf Choir
- 00:35:42 Psalm 50, mvt. III - St. Olaf Choir
- 00:38:28 Children of the Heavenly Father - St. Olaf Choir and live audience
- 00:41:10 Guy Noir Script
- 00:55:10 Shostakovich's Symphony No. 5, mvt. II - St. Olaf Orchestra (GK intros)
- 01:01:38 Exactly Like You – Intermission
- 01:05:48 GK Greetings
- 01:08:42 It Is So Beautiful - GK and Richard Dworsky
- 01:12:42 Fields of Gold - St. Olaf Choir and St. Olaf Orchestra with Richard Dworsky and Pat Donohue
- 01:16:57 In the Gloaming - GK, Heather Masse and Pat Donohue
- 01:19:34 Beautiful Savior - St. Olaf Choir
- 01:24:00 When Love Is Lost - GK, St. Olaf Orchestra, Richard Dworsky and Pat Donohue
- 01:28:24 A Distant Melody - Heather Masse with Richard Dworsky and Pat Donohue
- 01:31:46 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:39:45 Ripple - GK, Heather Masse, St. Olaf Orchestra, Richard Dworsky and Pat Donohue
- 01:44:32 Rhubarb Script
- 01:49:26 Mambo - St. Olaf Orchestra
- 01:52:10 GK Credits
- 01:55:40 My Minnesota Home - GK, St. Olaf Choir, St. Olaf Orchestra, Richard Dworsky and Pat Donohue
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).