28 DAYS TO THE BIG BAD 2012
Coming to you live this week from the Town Hall on West 43rd Street, in New York City, it's a live broadcast performance of A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor. With this week's special guests, singer-songwriter, actor, and former stand-up comedienne Nellie McKay, and eclectic vocalist Heather Masse. Also with us, The Royal Academy of Radio Actors; Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Fred Newman, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00 Logo
- 00:00:13 Tishomingo Blues - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:02:44 GK Opens
- 00:04:22 Christmas in New York - GK, Heather Masse and Shoe Band
- 00:06:38 Mormon - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:09:47 Swinging on the Reservation - Nellie McKay with Ben Bynum, Alexi David, Jason Loughlin and Tivon Pennicott
- 00:11:45 It Is So Beautiful - GK and Richard Dworsky
- 00:15:45 Puke Script
- 00:21:27 GK intros Nellie McKay
- 00:22:32 Only Have Eyes For You - Nellie McKay with Ben Bynum, Alexi David, Jason Loughlin and Tivon Pennicott
- 00:27:08 Small Day Tomorrow - Nellie McKay with Ben Bynum, Alexi David, Jason Loughlin and Tivon Pennicott
- 00:30:35 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:32:15 Rhubarb Script
- 00:38:32 Honeysuckle Rose - Heather Masse and Jed Wilson
- 00:42:54 Angel From Montgomery - Heather Masse and Jed Wilson with Shoe Band
- 00:47:16 Guy Noir Script
- 00:58:54 Tomorrow is a Long Time - GK and Heather Masse with Shoe Band
- 01:03:04 Alabama Jubilee - Intermission
- 01:07:15 GK Greetings
- 01:11:53 Red is the Rose - GK, Heather Masse and Shoe Band
- 01:15:38 Waltz for Jean - Richard Dworsky and Shoe Band
- 01:18:35 Santa Script
- 01:23:24 Stars - Heather Masse and Jed Wilson
- 01:27:52 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:43:28 I'm So Tired - Nellie McKay with Ben Bynum, Alexi David, Jason Loughlin and Tivon Pennicott
- 01:45:48 Heaven Script
- 01:51:12 Midtown Mama - Pat Donohue and Shoe Band
- 01:54:42 Science Script
- 01:55:56 GK Credits
- 01:57:12 I'll Be Your Baby Tonight - GK, Heather Masse and Shoe Band
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).