SHOUT, SISTERS, SHOUT
Coming to you from The Town Hall in New York City this week, it's a live broadcast performance of A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor. With special guests, Bensonhurst harmonizers The DiGiallonardo Sisters, a poet who knows how to blend the sentimental and the sarcastic, George Bilgere, actress-singer Kristin Chenoweth, and pianist, conductor, and musical scholar Rob Fisher. Also with us, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors; Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Fred Newman, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:11 Tishomingo Blues - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:03:27 GK Opens
- 00:06:20 Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:10:25 It Is So Beautiful/Transeamus - GK, The DiGiallonardo Sisters, and Richard Dworsky
- 00:18:46 Bank Script
- 00:29:45 Good King Wenceslas - Shoe Band
- 00:30:47 GK Cruise Announcement
- 00:31:49 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:33:22 Sentimental Gentleman From Georgia - The DiGiallonardo Sisters with Rob Fisher and Shoe Band
- 00:37:05 Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile/ Quell Mazzolin Di Fiori/ Noel Carol - The DiGiallonardo Sisters with Shoe Band (GK intros)
- 00:44:46 Guy Noir Script
- 00:55:10 What Would Dolly Do? - Kristin Chenoweth with The DiGiallonardo Sisters and Shoe Band (GK intros)
- 01:00:06 Fathers and Daughers - Kristin Chenoweth with Rob Fisher and Pat Donohue (GK intros)
- 01:05:15 Intermission - At the Jazz Band Ball
- 01:09:35 GK Greetings
- 01:14:12 Angels We Have Heard On High Medley - GK, The DiGiallonardo Sisters, Rob Fisher and Richard Dworsky with live audience
- 01:18:14 Bridal Shower - George Bilgere (GK intros)
- 01:22:42 The Table - George Bilgere
- 01:25:23 Hoppin' the Train - Shoe Band
- 01:26:25 English Script
- 01:30:18 Dancers In Love - Rob Fisher with Shoe Band
- 01:33:20 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:48:55 O Holy Night - The DiGiallonardo Sisters and GK with Rob Fisher, Pat Donohue and Gary Raynor
- 01:51:13 Snow - George Bilgere
- 01:53:05 Batten Script
- 01:55:35 Credits into Hark the Herald Angels Sing - GK, The DiGiallonardo Sisters, Rob Fisher, Richard Dworsky and Shoe Band with live audience
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).