SOME BRIGHT MORNING
Coming to you this week from the Town Hall on West 43rd Street in New York City, a lively and sure-to-be-festive-holiday-broadcast of A Prairie Home Companion, with this week's special guests, demurring singer-songwriter Gillian Welch, Itzhak Perlman and the Klezmer Conservatory Band, Joel Grey and Rob Fisher, and The DiGiallonardo Sisters. Following last week's living nativity at Our Lady of Perpetual Responsibility, it's hard to believe, but there is still more Christmas to be had in Lake Wobegon. Also with us, The Royal Academy; Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Fred Newman, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and much more.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:02:50 GK Opens
- 00:03:58 Jamaican Farewell - GK, Gillian Welch, David Rawlings and Shoe Band
- 00:06:24 Do You Hear What I Hear - The DiGiallonardo Sisters with Shoe Band
- 00:10:00 S'Vivon/ God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Richard Dworsky, Pat Donohue and Shoe Band
- 00:11:40 Rock Sirloin Script
- 00:21:25 I Want to Play That Rock and Roll - Gillian Welch and David Rawlings (GK intros)
- 00:25:30 Dixie Line - Gillian Welch and David Rawlings
- 00:30:58 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:32:30 Joy Script
- 00:40:02 Liebesleid - Itzhak Perlman with John Root (GK intros)
- 00:45:08 Tambourin Chinois - Itzhak Perlman with John Root
- 00:48:55 GK talks with Itzhak Perlman
- 00:50:22 Ketchup Script
- 00:56:32 Santa Lucia - GK, The DiGiallonardo Sisters and Shoe Band
- 00:59:55 Mele Kalikimaka - The DiGiallonardo Sisters and Shoe Band
- 01:02:00 Intermission - After You've Gone
- 01:06:12 GK Greetings
- 01:09:00 Be Like A Bluebird - Joel Grey with Rob Fisher (GK intros)
- 01:14:15 Short Attention Span Christmas Span Medley - Richard Dworsky
- 01:17:12 Sons of Knute Christmas Dance - GK and Shoe Band
- 01:22:12 Kale Bazetsn/ Khusidl - Itzhak Perlman and the Klezmer Conservatory Band (GK intros)
- 01:28:38 Heyser Bulgar - Itzhak Perlman and the Klezmer Conservatory Band
- 01:31:38 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:42:12 Good Will - Pat Donohue with Andy Stein
- 01:45:00 Six White Horses - Gillian Welch and David Rawlings
- 01:49:12 Twelve Days of Christmas - The DiGiallonardo Sisters, Fred Newman and Richard Dworsky with live audience
- 01:52:10 GK Credits
- 01:54:30 Silent Night - GK, The DiGiallonardo Sisters, Gillian Welch, David Rawlings and Shoe Band with live audience
- 01:56:25 We Wish You A Merry Christmas - GK, The DiGiallonardo Sisters, Gillian Welch, David Rawlings and Shoe Band with live audience
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).