AT HOME WITH FRIENDS
This week on A Prairie Home Companion, another winter wonder from The Fitzgerald Theater in St. Paul, with graceful violin virtuoso Joshua Bell, singing sisters of Soul Jearlyn and Jevetta Steele, and saxophonist Kenni Holmen and trumpeter Steve Strand sit in with The Guy's All-Star Shoe (and Boot) Band. Plus, Sue Scott and Tim Russell and the latest news from finally frozen Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:02:42 GK Opens
- 00:04:28 Ain't Nobody's Business If I Do - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:08:46 Rip It Up - Jearlyn and Jevetta Steele with GK and Shoe Band
- 00:11:18 SFX Script
- 00:14:12 Lulu's Back In Town - GK, Jearlyn Steele, Jevetta Steele and Shoe Band
- 00:17:35 Cowboys Script
- 00:28:44 Jump, Jive An' Wail - Pat Donohue, Jearlyn Steele, Jevetta Steele and Shoe Band
- 00:32:34 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:34:18 Amazon - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:38:12 Early in the Morning - Jearlyn and Jevetta Steele with GK and Shoe Band
- 00:41:48 Snowman Script
- 00:50:02 Gershwin Prelude No. 1 - Joshua Bell with Sam Haywood (GK intros)
- 00:54:22 Zigeunerweisen - Joshua Bell with Sam Haywood
- 01:01:48 Intermission - Blue Skies
- 01:05:26 GK Greetings
- 01:07:45 Someday - GK with Shoe Band
- 01:11:48 I Just Want to Make Love to You - Jearlyn and Jevetta Steele with Shoe Band
- 01:16:36 Barcelona Me Espera - Richard Dworsky and Shoe Band
- 01:19:40 Ruth Script
- 01:26:56 Salty Dog - Pat Donohue and Shoe Band
- 01:30:16 GK talks with Joshua Bell
- 01:33:02 Chopin Nocturne in C sharp minor, op. Posth - Joshua Bell with Sam Haywood
- 01:37:06 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:46:08 This Day - Jearlyn and Jevetta Steele with Shoe Band
- 01:49:20 Boeuf Script
- 01:52:22 Keep Your Feet On the Ground - GK with Shoe Band
- 01:54:42 GK Credits
- 01:56:10 This Joint is Jumpin' - Jearlyn Steele, Jevetta Steele and Shoe Band
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).