A PLACE WHERE IT'S NICE AND WARM
This week on A Prairie Home Companion, it's a live broadcast from The Fitzgerald Theater in St. Paul, Minnesota. With special guests, honey-voiced vocalist Heather Masse, and versatile singing sisters Jearlyn and Jevetta Steele. Plus, Butch Thompson on piano and clarinet, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors; Tim Russell and Sue Scott, Kenni Holmen and Steve Strand sit in with The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest news from an unusual winter in Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues - GK, Butch Thompson and Shoe Band
- 00:02:45 GK Opens
- 00:06:04 Hey Good Lookin' - GK, Heather Masse and Shoe Band
- 00:09:52 Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss) - Jearlyn and Jevetta Steele with GK, Heather Masse and Shoe Band
- 00:13:05 I Hear You Knockin' - Pat Donohue and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band with GK, Heather Masse, and Jearlyn and Jevetta Steele
- 00:16:20 Cowboys Script
- 00:24:00 Let's Stay Together - Jearlyn and Jevetta Steele with Shoe Band
- 00:28:48 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:30:22 Mean Mistreatin' Mama - Pat Donohue, Butch Thompson and Shoe Band (GK intros)
- 00:34:55 GK talks about his tour
- 00:37:42 Paint A Picture - Heather Masse with Shoe Band
- 00:40:56 Snowman Script
- 00:50:15 How Long Blues - Butch Thompson and Pat Donohue
- 00:53:34 A Picture From Life's Other Side - GK and Heather Masse with Shoe Band
- 00:58:42 C'est La Vie (You Never Can Tell) - Pat Donohue and Shoe Band with GK, Heather Masse, and Jearlyn and Jevetta Steele
- 01:02:30 Intermission - Exactly Like You
- 01:06:02 GK Greetings
- 01:09:22 Winter Carnival Waltz - GK and Shoe Band
- 01:11:48 Nickels and Dimes - Jearlyn and Jevetta Steele with Shoe Band
- 01:15:44 Presidents Script
- 01:18:38 Memories of You - Butch Thompson, Pat Donohue and Gary Raynor
- 01:21:40 Catchup Script
- 01:24:55 East of the Sun, West of the Moon - Heather Masse with Richard Dworsky, Kenni Holmen, Gary Raynor and Peter Johnson
- 01:29:52 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:41:16 The Red Barn Waltz - Richard Kriehn, Pat Donohue and Gary Raynor
- 01:42:48 Nearer My God To Thee - Jearlyn and Jevetta Steele with Richard Dworsky, Gary Raynor and Peter Johnson
- 01:46:28 Guy Noir Script
- 01:53:34 GK Credits
- 01:55:55 Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss) - Jearlyn and Jevetta Steele with GK, Heather Masse and Shoe Band
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).