Home Sweet Home
Coming to you this week from the historic Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee, it's a live broadcast of A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor. With special guests, hall of famer Emmylou Harris and the Red Dirt Boys, big league bluegrass ace Sam Bush, and America's favorite fiddler, Stuart Duncan. Plus, sizzling vocalists Aoife O'Donovan and Heather Masse, The Royal Academy of Radio Actors; Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Fred Newman, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues - GK and Shoe Band with Sam Bush and Stuart Duncan
- 00:02:32 GK Opens
- 00:03:10 When I Go Away - GK, Heather Masse, Aoife O'Donovan, Sam Bush, Stuart Duncan and Shoe Band
- 00:07:36 Reed It and Weep - Pat Donohue and Shoe Band with Sam Bush and Stuart Duncan
- 00:10:36 GK and Emmylou Harris talk about Nashville
- 00:12:52 Guy Noir Script
- 00:23:00 Up On Cripple Creek - Sam Bush and Shoe Band with Stuart Duncan, Emmylou Harris, Heather Masse and Aoife O'Donovan (GK intros)
- 00:27:54 Tour Script
- 00:31:05 Powdermilk Biscuit Break with Sam Bush and Stuart Duncan
- 00:32:40 When I Was A Cowboy - Heather Masse and Aoife O'Donovan with Shoe Band, Sam Bush and Stuart Duncan (GK intros)
- 00:37:28 The Storms Are On the Ocean - Heather Masse, Aoife O'Donovan and GK with Shoe Band, Sam Bush and Stuart Duncan
- 00:41:52 Getaway Script
- 00:45:05 Peacock Rag - Stuart Duncan and Shoe Band with Sam Bush
- 00:47:00 Strong Hand - Emmylou Harris and the Red Dirt Boys (GK intros)
- 00:51:25 My Name is Emmett Till - Emmylou Harris and the Red Dirt Boys with Peter Johnson
- 00:56:44 Fiddle Medley - Stuart Duncan, Richard Kriehn and Sam Bush with Shoe Band
- 01:00:20 GK talks about the evolution of the music business
- 01:02:15 Intermission - Cannonball Rag
- 01:06:20 GK Greetings
- 01:09:02 GK Cruise Announcement
- 01:10:35 She's Thinking Senior Care - GK and Shoe Band with Sam Bush and Stuart Duncan
- 01:14:53 Cellphone Script
- 01:16:32 Sweet Dreams - Pat Donohue with Richard Dworsky, Gary Raynor and Stuart Duncan
- 01:18:38 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:33:50 Come All Ye Fair and Tender Ladies - Aoife O'Donovan and Heather Masse with Stuart Duncan, Sam Bush and Richard Kriehn
- 01:38:34 Mom Script
- 01:44:55 I Got the Same Old Blues - Sam Bush and Shoe Band with Stuart Duncan
- 01:48:35 Evangeline - Emmylou Harris and the Red Dirt Boys with Sam Bush, Stuart Duncan and Peter Johnson
- 01:52:44 Elbow Script
- 01:54:22 GK Credits
- 01:57:02 When I Go Away/Reed It and Weep (Reprise) - GK, Heather Masse, Aoife O'Donovan, Sam Bush, Stuart Duncan and Shoe Band
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).