City in a Forest
Coming to you this week from the Fabulous Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia, it's a live broadcast performance of A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor. With special guests, road-tested Texas troubadour Joe Ely, the King of Newgrass, Sam Bush, and Southern noir songstress Lera Lynn. Plus, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors; Sue Scott, Tim Russell, and Fred Newman, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:14 Tishomingo Blues/ Summertime - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:04:28 GK Open
- 00:07:35 They're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone - Sam Bush and Shoe Band
- 00:12:24 POEM Script
- 00:14:42 Bobby, Baby - Lera Lynn with Ben Lewis
- 00:19:24 Happy Ever After - Lera Lynn with Ben Lewis and Sam Bush
- 00:22:40 SFX Script
- 00:29:14 Powdermilk Biscuit Break - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:30:46 GK talks about Atlanta
- 00:34:12 Southern Town - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:37:34 Guy Noir Script
- 00:49:48 Yo Yo Blues - Pat Donohue and Shoe Band
- 00:52:18 Leo and Leona - Joe Ely with Jeff Plankenhorn (GK intros)
- 00:58:02 Me and Billy the Kid - Joe Ely with Jeff Plankenhorn and Shoe Band
- 01:02:24 Intermission - M-O-T-H-E-R
- 01:05:56 GK talks about The Fox Theatre
- 01:07:28 GK Greetings
- 01:09:42 When I Survey the Wondrous Cross (Hymn for Mother) - GK and Shoe Band
- 01:13:18 Tick Script
- 01:17:32 GK talks to Lera Lynn and Sam Bush
- 01:19:55 Happy Birthday to You - Garrison Keillor, Lera Lynn and live audience
- 01:20:28 A Friend For Life - Sam Bush, Lera Lynn and Shoe Band (GK intros)
- 01:24:28 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:39:26 Comin' Down - Lera Lynn with Ben Lewis and Shoe Band
- 01:43:14 Mom Script
- 01:49:38 Mama Tried - Joe Ely with Jeff Plankenhorn and Shoe Band
- 01:53:05 GK Credits
- 01:54:32 Circus Script
- 01:56:18 One Love - Sam Bush, GK, Lera Lynn, Ben Lewis, Joe Ely, Jeff Plankenhorn, Pat Donohue, Rich Dworsky and Shoe Band
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).