Back in Those Hills
Coming to you this week from the Koussevitzky Music Shed at Tanglewood in Lenox, Massachusetts, it's a live broadcast performance of A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor. With special guests, veteran troubadour and storyteller Arlo Guthrie, close-harmonizing siblings The DiGiallonardo Sisters, and exquisite vocalist Heather Masse. Plus, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors; Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Mr. Fred Newman, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:02:48 GK intros Arlo Guthrie
- 00:03:15 Give My Regards to Tanglewood/ It Is So Beautiful - The DiGiallonardo Sisters, Heather Masse and Garrison Keillor with Shoe Band
- 00:07:05 GK Opens
- 00:08:48 Neutron Dance - The DiGiallonardo Sisters with Shoe Band (GK intros)
- 00:11:20 Youtube Script
- 00:17:58 Boogie My Blues Away - Pat Donohue and Shoe Band
- 00:21:00 Guy Noir Script
- 00:32:25 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:33:55 SFX Script
- 00:38:35 Crazy People - The DiGiallonardo Sisters with Shoe Band
- 00:40:55 Cowboys Script
- 00:46:45 Pretty Boy Floyd - Arlo Guthrie (GK intros)
- 00:51:12 Philadelphia Lawyer - Arlo Guthrie with Shoe Band
- 00:53:35 GK talks with Arlo Guthrie
- 00:54:55 Oklahoma Hills - Arlo Guthrie with Shoe Band
- 00:57:22 One Fine Day - The DiGiallonardo Sisters, Heather Masse, GK and Shoe Band
- 00:59:30 Intermission - It Doesn't Matter Anymore
- 01:03:05 GK Greetings
- 01:06:45 Two of Us - The DiGiallonardo Sisters with Shoe Band
- 01:08:48 Lazy Afternoon - Heather Masse with Richard Dworsky, Gary Raynor and Peter Johnson
- 01:12:16 Diary Script
- 01:18:10 Golden Slippers - Shoe Band
- 01:20:08 He's Gone Away - Heather Masse with The DiGiallonardo Sisters, Richard Kriehn, Pat Donohue and Gary Raynor
- 01:23:35 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:36:54 Because - The DiGiallonardo Sisters with Shoe Band
- 01:39:30 I'm Going Back to Where I Came From - GK and Heather Masse with Shoe Band
- 01:42:24 Walkin' the Mountain - Shoe Band
- 01:44:46 Bridal Script
- 01:47:35 In My Life - GK and Heather Masse with Shoe Band
- 01:49:52 City of New Orleans - Arlo Guthrie with The DiGiallonardo Sisters, Heather Masse, Shoe Band and live audience
- 01:54:30 GK Credits
- 01:56:15 Stars and Stripes Forever/ Under the Double Eagle/ Columbia, The Gem of the Ocean - GK, The DiGiallonardo Sisters, Heather Masse and Shoe Band
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).