In This Episode...
This week on A Prairie Home Companion, it's a live broadcast performance from The Fitzgerald Theater in Saint Paul, Minnesota. With special guests, mixologists of soul, folk and jazz, Lake Street Dive, blues bombshell Hilary Thavis, and vocalist Molly Dean. Also with us, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors; Tim Russell, Sue Scott, sound effects man Steve Kramer, and Lindsay Marcy, Butch Thompson sitting in with The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues
- 00:02:50 GK opens, talks about allergies, sudden fall weather, food allergy seats at the Twins game
- 00:07:00 Heavenly Day- GK, Molly Dean, Shoe band
- 00:10:30 Mornin' Blues- Pat Donohue and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:14:25 Cowboys script
- 00:24:53 Suzanne- GK, Molly Dean, Shoe Band
- 00:29:03 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:31:15 GK intros Hilary Thavis
- 00:34:00 Bound to End- Hilary Thavis
- 00:37:08 GK talks about "the blues" vs. "the whites"
- 00:38:24 Black Cloud- Hilary Thavis
- 00:42:30 Guy Noir script
- 00:50:22 GK intros Lake Street Dive
- 00:52:17 Bad Self Portraits- Lake Street Dive
- 00:55:44 GK talks with Rachael Price
- 00:56:27 I Want You Back- Lake Street Dive
- 01:00:35 Dr. Jazz (Intermission)
- 01:04:10 Greetings
- 01:06:22 Faraway Places- GK, Molly, band
- 01:09:20 Café script
- 01:15:52 All Your Love- Hilary Thavis
- 01:19:56 GK talks with Hilary
- 01:20:22 GK intros Butch and Pat
- 01:21:10 Poker Woman Blues- Pat Donohue and Shoe Band
- 01:24:10 News from Lake Wobegon
- 01:38:17 Stardust- Butch Thompson, solo piano
- 01:40:20 Blackbird- GK, Molly, band
- 01:43:20 Bertha's Kitty Boutique script
- 01:45:47 GK brings back Lake Street Dive
- 01:47:21 Henriette- Lake Street Dive
- 01:51:19 Credits, GK talk
- 01:54:50 True Love Ways- GK, Molly Dean, band
- 01:57:12 Rock the Joint- Pat Donohue and band
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).