All the Time in the World
Coming to you this week from The Fitzgerald Theater in Saint Paul, Minnesota, it's a live broadcast performance of A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor. With special guests, Oklahoma singer and songwriter John Fullbright, the entrancing Minnesota Opera Chorus, and vocalist Holly Jones. Plus, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors; Tim Russell, Sue Scott, sound effects man Steve Kramer, and Lindsay Marcy, guitarist Dean Magraw sits in with The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues
- 00:02:15 GK talks about the harvest moon, fall coming
- 00:03:39 Shine on Harvest Moon- GK and Holly
- 00:04:42 GK talks about Yom Kippur, introduces the opera chorus
- 00:06:47 Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves- Minnesota Opera Chorus
- 00:13:50 Paper Covers Rock- Shoe Band
- 00:16:00 Guy Noir script
- 00:24:55 GK talks with Pat Donohue and Dean Magraw
- 00:26:08 Minglewood Blues- Pat Donohue and Dean Magraw with Shoes
- 00:29:25 Powdermilk Biscuit break
- 00:31:55 Clerical script
- 00:33:32 GK intros John Fullbright
- 00:35:09 Satan and St. Paul- John Fullbright
- 00:39:48 GK talks with John Fullbright
- 00:40:10 Song For a Child- John Fullbright
- 00:45:16 News From Lake Wobegon
- 00:54:53 People Get Ready- Dean Magraw, Pat Donohue and band
- 00:58:33 Town- GK, Holly Jones, band
- 01:02:50 She's A Woman- Intermission
- 01:06:28 Greetings
- 01:08:55 SFX script (with "Give a Dog a Bone")
- 01:10:50 GK talks about harvest time, baseball
- 01:13:00 Drive-Up Window- GK and band
- 01:16:03 Café script
- 01:23:23 Teach Your Children- GK/ Holly/ band
- 01:26:02 Mom script
- 01:35:20 Fat Man- John Fullbright
- 01:40:49 Nowhere to Be Found- John Fullbright
- 01:45:30 Chad script
- 01:49:00 That's What Daddy Wants- Pat Donohue and band
- 01:51:22 Piano script
- 01:53:54 Credits, Waiting At the End of the Road/ Rock the Joint
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).