Make No Little Plans
Coming to you this week from the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University in Chicago, Illinois, it's a live broadcast performance of A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor. With special guests, Grammy Award-winning baritone Nathan Gunn, author and public radio quizmaster Peter Sagal, and sultry Southern chanteuse Lera Lynn. Plus, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors, Sue Scott, Tim Russell, and Fred Newman; trumpeter Jon-Erik Kellso, clarinetist Kim Cusack, and our good friend Butch Thompson join The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band; and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:13 Tishomingo Blues - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:02:52 GK Opens
- 00:05:45 Traveling Riverside Blues - Jon-Erik Kellso, Butch Thompson, Kim Cusack and Pat Donohue
- 00:08:05 I'll Be Your Baby Tonight - GK, Lera Lynn and Shoe Band
- 00:11:28 Cowboys Script
- 00:27:08 Whiskey - Lera Lynn with Richard Dworsky, Pat Donohue, Richard Kriehn, Gary Raynor and Peter Johnson (GK intros)
- 00:31:20 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:32:55 GK sings Home, Sweet Home and talks about the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University
- 00:34:34 La ci darem la mano - Shoe Band and Nathan Gunn
- 00:37:30 GK talks with Nathan Gunn
- 00:40:02 Lord Randal - Nathan Gunn with Julie Gunn
- 00:44:05 Danny Boy - Nathan Gunn with Julie Gunn
- 00:47:02 Guy Noir Script
- 01:00:26 America Medley - Garrison Keillor, Lera Lynn, Nathan Gunn, Richard Dworsky, Pat Donohue, Richard Kriehn, Gary Raynor and Peter Johnson with live audience
- 01:05:32 Intermission - Shine
- 01:09:22 GK talks about Chicago and the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University
- 01:11:05 GK Greetings
- 01:13:14 When My Morning Comes Around - GK, Lera Lynn and Shoe Band
- 01:16:48 GK talks with Peter Sagal
- 01:21:06 SFX Script
- 01:28:18 Enough of My Love - Pat Donohue and Shoe Band
- 01:30:45 Standing on the Moon - Lera Lynn with Richard Dworsky, Pat Donohue, Richard Kriehn, Gary Raynor and Peter Johnson (GK intros)
- 01:35:30 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:47:10 In the Dark - Butch Thompson
- 01:49:58 Luther Script
- 01:53:05 GK Credits
- 01:55:25 The Parting Glass - Nathan Gunn with GK and Richard Dworsky
- 01:57:05 Muskrat Ramble - Shoe Band
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).