Hotter Than A Pistol
This week, it's a live broadcast performance of A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor from the Wortham Theater Center in Houston, Texas. With special guests, Texas Renaissance man Joe Ely, 21st Century troubadours Johnnyswim, and vocalist Christine DiGiallonardo. Also with us, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors; Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Fred Newman, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:13 Tishomingo Blues - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:03:10 GK Opens
- 00:05:38 Right Where I Belong - Joe Ely with GK, Christine DiGiallonardo and Shoe Band
- 00:09:44 Now Thank We All Our God - GK, Christine DiGiallonardo and Shoe Band
- 00:14:10 Cowboys Script
- 00:23:32 GK talks with Johnnyswim
- 00:24:32 Home - Johnnyswim
- 00:29:15 Paris in June - Johnnyswim
- 00:32:20 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:34:25 Crazy - Christine DiGiallonardo with Shoe Band
- 00:37:35 Secede Script
- 00:41:25 The Washington Express - Richard Kriehn and Shoe Band
- 00:43:28 Guy Noir Script
- 00:52:32 Gulf Coast Highway - GK, Christine DiGiallonardo and Shoe Band
- 00:55:45 Row of Dominoes - Joe Ely with Shoe Band (GK intros)
- 01:00:35 Intermission - City of New Orleans
- 01:04:42 GK Greetings
- 01:07:45 SFX Script
- 01:14:18 Bring It On Home to Me - GK, Christine DiGiallonardo and Shoe Band
- 01:17:02 GK talks with Joe Nick Patoski
- 01:23:14 Bonsoir - Johnnyswim
- 01:27:22 Tonight I Think I'm Gonna Go Downtown - Joe Ely with Shoe Band
- 01:31:18 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:45:02 The Soul of a Man - Pat Donohue, Christine DiGiallonardo, GK and Shoe Band
- 01:48:08 Your Sweet and Shiny Eyes - GK and Shoe Band
- 01:50:00 GK talks with Joe Ely
- 01:51:30 Down on the Drag - Joe Ely with Shoe Band
- 01:56:12 GK Credits
- 01:57:42 Red River Valley - GK, Amanda Sudano Ramirez and Shoe Band
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).