Nun Danket Alle Gott
Coming to you this week from The Town Hall on West 43rd Street in New York City, it's a live broadcast performance of A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor. With special guests, globetrotting soprano Ellie Dehn, crystalline vocalist Aoife O'Donovan, and public radio troublemaker Larry Josephson. Plus, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors; Tim Russell, Sue Scott, Erica Rhodes, and Fred Newman, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:02:38 GK talks about New York
- 00:05:32 Open Script
- 00:08:44 The Blues - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:11:50 Guy Noir Script
- 00:25:20 GK tells jokes with Larry Josephson
- 00:35:32 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:37:02 One more joke with Larry Josephson
- 00:37:35 Olive Oil Script
- 00:39:25 GK talks with Ellie Dehn
- 00:40:20 Ave Maria - Ellie Dehn with Djordje Nesic
- 00:43:55 Les filles de Cadix - Ellie Dehn with Djordje Nesic
- 00:47:40 Dead Men Script
- 00:53:50 Fable - Aoife O'Donovan with Shoe Band (GK intros)
- 00:58:22 Medley - GK, Aoife O'Donovan and Richard Dworsky with live audience
- 01:04:10 Intermission - At the Jazz Band Ball
- 01:07:55 GK Greetings
- 01:12:20 Love's Old Sweet Song - GK, Aoife O'Donovan and Richard Dworsky
- 01:15:44 Long Time Ago - GK, Ellie Dehn and Aoife O'Donovan with Richard Dworsky
- 01:18:46 Ain't It A Pretty Night - Ellie Dehn with Djordje Nesic
- 01:24:46 Our Town - GK and Aoife O'Donovan with Richard Dworsky, Pat Donohue and Gary Raynor
- 01:30:00 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:44:00 In the Evenin' - Pat Donohue and Show Band
- 01:47:28 GK talks about Bryant Park
- 01:48:10 Diamond - Aoife O'Donovan with Shoe Band (GK intros)
- 01:52:38 Rhubarb Script
- 01:55:58 GK Credits
- 01:57:18 The Parting Glass - GK, Aoife O'Donovan and Richard Dworsky
- 01:58:10 Down Yonder - Shoe Band
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).