Spring Will Come
Coming to you this week from the Overture Center for the Arts in Madison, Wisconsin, it's a live broadcast performance of A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor. With special guests, close-harmonizers The Krause Family Band, and our good friends Robin and Linda Williams. Plus, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors, Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Fred Newman, Dean Magraw sits in on guitar with The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
"Jesus on the Mainline" (from the 1/26/2013 late show)
"SFX" (from the 1/26/2013 late show)
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:02:15 GK Opens
- 00:04:15 Daddy, Can We Spend the Night in Madison, Wisconsin? - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:07:40 GK talks about Madison
- 00:08:24 Honey Babe Blues - Pat Donohue and Shoe Band with GK and Linda Williams
- 00:11:28 Unilayer Script
- 00:12:42 Mad Town Stomp - Shoe Band
- 00:15:08 SFX Script
- 00:22:42 Jesus on the Main Line - GK, Robin and Linda Williams, Rick Krause, Ruthie Krause, Katie Flores and Shoe Band
- 00:26:40 Powdermilk Biscuit Break/ One Love - GK, Robin and Linda Williams and Shoe Band
- 00:29:30 Heater - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:33:00 GK introduces the Krause Family Band
- 00:34:05 Cowboy's Last Roundup - The Krause Family Band
- 00:37:16 GK talks with Rick Krause
- 00:38:45 Hold to God's Unchanging Hand - The Krause Family Band with GK
- 00:43:04 Guy Noir Script
- 00:53:18 My Sweet Love Ain't Around - Robin and Linda Williams with Shoe Band (GK intros)
- 00:56:45 Tax Script
- 00:59:48 Battle Hymn of the Republic - GK and Shoe Band
- 01:02:55 Intermission - Yeh Yeh
- 01:07:12 GK Greetings
- 01:10:30 Folsom Prison Blues (Wisconsin) - GK and Shoe Band
- 01:13:40 GK talks with Linda Williams about the banjo
- 01:15:48 Urge For Going - Robin and Linda Williams with Shoe Band
- 01:20:04 GK talks about Madison
- 01:24:36 Snowman Script
- 01:34:05 Anywhere I Lay My Head - The Krause Family Band
- 01:38:22 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:54:24 GK Credits
- 01:56:36 You Don't Knock - GK, Robin and Linda Williams, Rick Krause, Ruthie Krause, Katie Flores and Shoe Band
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).