Coming to you live this week from The Fitzgerald Theater in Saint Paul, Minnesota, it's A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor. With special guests, young bluegrass band Run Boy Run, soprano Maria Jette, and the Midwinter Tuba Quintet. Also with us, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors, Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Fred Newman, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:13 Tishomingo Blues
- 00:02:50 GK opens, talks about the week, clearing out his mother's papers
- 00:04:36 Fiddle- GK/ Richard Kriehn/ Shoes
- 00:08:33 GK intros Run Boy Run
- 00:09:36 Willow Garden- Run Boy Run
- 00:13:44 GK intros Midwinter Tuba Quintet
- 00:14:10 Tuba Blues- Pat Donohue and Midwinter Tuba Quintet and Shoes
- 00:11:26 President script
- 00:20:46 GK recites "Invictus" by William Ernest Henley, "It Couldn't Be Done" by Edgar Albert Guest and "If" by Rudyard Kipling with Tuba underscore
- 00:24:40 Men script
- 00:29:30 Plaisir D'Amour- Maria Jette and the Midwinter Tuba Quintet
- 00:31:42 Powdermilk Biscuit Break/ Tavern in St. Paul- GK/ Maria/ Shoes
- 00:35:30 Guy Noir script
- 00:48:30 GK brings Run Boy Run back
- 00:49:25 So Sang The Whippoorwhill- Run Boy Run
- 00:51:43 Lady Margaret- Run Boy Run
- 00:55:48 GK talks with Run Boy Run
- 00:56:41 Careless Love- GK and Maria Jette with Shoes
- 01:01:03 Intermission- Candy Hearts
- 01:05:00 Greetings
- 01:08:00 All Alone- GK, Maria Jette, Shoe Band
- 01:11:50 GK talks with Maria about next piece
- 01:12:30 Bolero (Gounod)- Maria Jette with band
- 01:16:04 Radio script, with Midwinter Tuba Quintet
- 01:22:40 After the Snow Has Fallen- Richard Dworsky and Shoe Band
- 01:24:55 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:38:35 I Never Cried- Pat Donohue and band
- 01:41:44 Mom script
- 01:49:10 GK talks with Run Boy Run
- 01:50:10 Lucinda Jones- Run Boy Run
- 01:54:00 Credits
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).