Dreams on a Little Island
This week on A Prairie Home Companion, one last spring rebroadcast before we head out on the road, a show originally from The Town Hall in April 2012. Renée Fleming sings "Hallelujah," Punch Brothers perform "New York City," and Heather Masse and Aoife O'Donovan sing "Time's a Hoax." Plus, Dusty and Lefty provide security on Governors Island, and in Lake Wobegon, Pastor Liz is stopped by the Highway Patrol after a boring blind date.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:02:45 GK Opens
- 00:05:20 La flûte enchantée (from Shéhérazade) - Renée Fleming with Bradley Moore and Sandra Church
- 00:09:15 GK talks with Renée Fleming
- 00:10:55 Hallelujah - Renée Fleming with Heather Masse, Aoife O'Donovan and Shoe Band
- 00:13:50 Nessun dorma/ Habanera - Shoe Band
- 00:15:30 Meat Script
- 00:18:18 Time's a Hoax - Heather Masse and Aoife O'Donovan with Shoe Band
- 00:22:54 Shouting on the Hills of Glory - Heather Masse and Aoife O'Donovan
- 00:26:18 Hush Little Baby - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:29:48 Powdermilk Biscuit Break - GK, Shoe Band and Punch Brothers
- 00:31:18 GK intros Punch Brothers
- 00:33:02 New York City - Punch Brothers
- 00:37:18 Patchwork Girlfriend - Punch Brothers
- 00:41:45 Guy Noir Script
- 00:54:40 The Scarlet Tide - Renée Fleming with Heather Masse, Aoife O'Donovan, Punch Brothers and Shoe Band
- 00:59:25 Intermission - I Saw Her Standing There
- 01:02:50 GK Greetings
- 01:07:32 Cruise Announcement
- 01:09:14 Angel Band - GK, Heather Masse and Aoife O'Donovan
- 01:12:44 E lucevan le stelle - Shoe Band
- 01:13:30 Cowboys Script
- 01:23:15 O mio babbino caro - Heather Masse, Aoife O'Donovan and Shoe Band
- 01:24:14 Oh Mama - Aoife O'Donovan and Heather Masse with Gabe Witcher and Shoe Band
- 01:28:38 Flippen - Punch Brothers
- 01:32:50 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:45:14 Scarlet Ribbons (For Her Hair) - Renée Fleming with Chris Thile and Gary Raynor
- 01:48:50 ELCA Script
- 01:52:00 Elvis Presley Blues - Aoife O'Donovan, Heather Masse and Punch Brothers
- 01:56:15 Oh What A Beautiful Morning - GK, Heather Masse, Aoife O'Donovan, Renée Fleming, Punch Brothers, Shoe Band and live audience
- 01:57:54 GK Credits
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).