Tennessee on a Saturday Night
Coming to you this week from the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee, it's a live broadcast of A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor. With special guests, Music City all-stars The Time Jumpers, fiddle virtuoso Stuart Duncan, and singer Suzy Bogguss. Plus, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors, Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Fred Newman, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:11 Tishomingo Blues
- 00:02:25 GK opens, talks about lower Broadway, Tootsie's Orchid Lounge, cousin Harold, "Divine Comedy"
- 00:06:24 We Must Have Been Out of Our Minds- GK, Suzy Bogguss, band
- 00:08:50 Mom script
- 00:15:45 I'm a Long Gone Daddy- Pat Donohue and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:18:52 GK introduces the Time Jumpers
- 00:19:45 Texoma Bound- The Time Jumpers
- 00:23:48 GK talks with the Time Jumpers, introduces Dawn Sears
- 00:24:40 Faint of Heart- Dawn Sears and the Time Jumpers
- 00:29:08 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:30:55 GK challenges the Time Jumpers to play The Yellow Rose of Texas
- 00:31:40 The Yellow Rose of Texas- The Time Jumpers
- 00:32:50 Nashville Songs script with "Crazy", "Mansion on the Hill", "I Will Always Love You" and "Orphan Girl"- GK, Suzy Bogguss, Vince Gill, Shoe band
- 00:40:28 The Lives of the Cowboys script (with Suzy Bogguss, Vince Gill and Stuart Duncan
- 00:52:55 Nothing But the Blues- The Time Jumpers
- 00:56:36 GK talks with the Time Jumpers
- 00:57:40 Six Pack to Go- The Time Jumpers
- 01:04:40 It Doesn't Matter Anymore (intermission)- Shoe Band
- 01:08:27 Greetings, GK talks about Nashville history
- 01:11:13 Mel script
- 01:15:40 I Always Get Lucky With You- Suzy Bogguss and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 01:19:20 Hold On (with Suzy Bogguss and Stuart Duncan)
- 01:23:45 Last Date- Richard Dworsky and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 01:25:58 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:38:50 Fiddle Medley: Ragtime Annie/ Gold Rush/ Fire on the Mountain- Stuart Duncan and Richard Kriehn
- 01:42:31 GK talks about honky tonkin'
- 01:44:23 I Hear You Talking- The Time Jumpers
- 01:48:30 Bartender's Blues- The Time Jumpers
- 01:54:45 Heaven Light is Shining on Me- GK, Suzy Bogguss, Vince Gill, Stuart Duncan/ Down Yonder- Time Jumpers
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).