Hear Them Howl
This week on A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor, it's a live broadcast performance from the Filene Center at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts. With special guests, harmonizing duo The Milk Carton Kids, and singers Aoife O'Donovan and Heather Masse. Plus, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors, Sue Scott, Tim Russell, and Fred Newman, harmonicist Howard Levy joins The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:02:56 GK Opens
- 00:05:40 Social Media (Dark As A Dungeon) - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:08:58 Decoration Day - Pat Donohue and Shoe Band
- 00:12:55 Evanston Express - Howard Levy and Shoe Band (GK intros)
- 00:16:08 Guy Noir Script
- 00:26:36 Fire Engine - Aoife O'Donovan with Heather Masse and Shoe Band (GK intros)
- 00:30:15 GK talks with Aoife O'Donovan about her song
- 00:30:45 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:32:10 GK talks with Heather Masse about "Be My Sailor"
- 00:33:18 Be My Sailor - Heather Masse with Aoife O'Donovan and Shoe Band
- 00:36:45 GK talks about songwriting
- 00:37:18 Bright Morning Stars - GK, Heather Masse, Aoife O'Donovan and Richard Dworsky with live audience
- 00:40:26 Story Script
- 00:46:24 Sunbrite Script
- 00:49:05 GK introduces Milk Carton Kids
- 00:49:32 New York - Milk Carton Kids
- 00:52:48 GK talks with Milk Carton Kids
- 00:54:28 Stealing Romance - Milk Carton Kids
- 00:57:40 SFX Script
- 00:59:15 Front Porch Blues - Howard Levy and Shoe Band
- 01:02:00 Intermission - Strike Up The Band
- 01:06:35 GK Greetings
- 01:09:18 GK talks with Heather Masse about motherhood
- 01:10:22 You Go To My Head - Heather Masse with Richard Dworsky
- 01:14:22 GK re-introduces Milk Carton Kids
- 01:15:34 I Still Want A Little More - Milk Carton Kids
- 01:18:40 Memphis - Milk Carton Kids with Aoife O'Donovan and Richard Dworsky (Joey Ryan intros)
- 01:25:28 Meeting Script
- 01:29:10 Carinhoso - Howard Levy and Shoe Band
- 01:30:52 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:44:14 Lazy John - Pat Donohue, Richard Kriehn and Shoe Band
- 01:46:50 Frosting Script
- 01:47:42 Ireland Script
- 01:49:02 Lay My Burden Down - Aoife O'Donovan with Heather Masse and Shoe Band
- 01:52:54 GK Credits
- 01:54:40 GK talks about Wolf Trap Center for the Performing Arts
- 01:55:12 America the Beautiful - GK, Heather Masse, Aoife O'Donovan and Richard Dworsky with live audience
- 01:56:50 God Bless America - GK, Heather Masse, Aoife O'Donovan and Shoe Band with live audience
- 01:58:00 America the Beautiful (reprise) - Shoe Band
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).