In Stalwart Step
This week on A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor, it's a live broadcast performance from the Hill Auditorium in Ann Arbor, Michigan. With special guests, folksinger Ellis and globetrotting pianist Radoslav Lorković. Plus, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors, Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Fred Newman, Kenni Holmen and Steve Strand sit in with The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band on saxophone and trumpet, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues - GK and Shoe Band
- 00:02:38 University of Michigan Fight Song (Hail to the Victors) - GK and Shoe Band with live audience
- 00:04:52 GK Opens
- 00:06:40 School Is Out - GK, Shoe Band and Tim Russell
- 00:11:42 The Hustle Is On - Pat Donohue and Shoe Band
- 00:15:02 Cowboys Script
- 00:20:38 GK introduces Ellis
- 00:21:28 How Would It Be - Ellis with Shoe Band (minus horns)
- 00:26:20 Right Now - Ellis with Shoe Band (minus horns)
- 00:30:32 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:32:04 GK talks about Ann Arbor and the University of Michigan
- 00:37:06 Michigan Song - GK and Shoe Band (minus horns)
- 00:38:08 The Day is Short - GK and Shoe Band (minus horns)
- 00:42:40 Rhubarb Script
- 00:48:18 GK introduces Radoslav Lorković
- 00:49:20 Headin' South - Radoslav Lorković and Shoe Band
- 00:53:40 Island Script
- 01:04:25 Jumpin' Jack Flash - Pat Donohue, Shoe Band and GK
- 01:07:42 Intermission - I Saw Her Standing There
- 01:11:48 GK Greetings
- 01:13:38 Beautiful - GK and Richard Dworsky
- 01:17:48 Guy Noir Script
- 01:24:30 Love In Vain - GK, Ellis and Shoe Band (minus horns)
- 01:27:10 GK talks with Ellis
- 01:27:45 Wherever You Are - Ellis and Shoe Band (minus horns)
- 01:32:05 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:43:30 Michigan Water Blues - Pat Donohue with Richard Dworsky, Gary Raynor, Peter Johnson and Steve Strand
- 01:46:38 English Script
- 01:48:24 Coffee Song - Ellis with Shoe Band (GK intros)
- 01:52:25 Ketchup Script
- 01:54:52 GK Credits
- 01:56:42 The Parting Glass - GK and Richard Dworsky
- 01:57:15 Down Yonder - Shoe Band
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).