Never Falter, Never Fail
This week on A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor, a summer rebroadcast of a wintry show originally from January 2012 at The Fitzgerald Theater. Brad Paisley plays "This is Country Music," Cantus perform "There's a Meetin' Here," and Andra Suchy and Garrison sing "Log Cabin Home in the Sky." In Lake Wobegon, the town's ice fishermen deal with an unexpected lack of ice.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 APM Logo
- 00:00:13 Tishomingo Blues
- 00:00:57 GK Intro (vo)
- 00:01:36 GK talks campaign
- 00:05:24 Log Cabin Home in the Sky - GK, Andra Suchy and Shoe Band
- 00:09:34 Diggin' My Potatoes - Pat Donohue, Brad Paisley and Shoe Band
- 00:14:29 Why Don't You Try Me - GK, Andra Suchy, Brad Paisley and Shoe Band
- 00:18:07 Guy Noir Script
- 00:29:56 Powdermilk Biscuit Break - GK, Brad Paisley and Shoe Band
- 00:32:36 There's a Meetin' Here - Cantus (GK intros)
- 00:35:41 Mouthwash Script
- 00:37:19 Hawaii Script
- 00:43:22 GK Intro Brad Paisley
- 00:45:15 This Is Country Music - Brad Paisley
- 00:50:52 Me Neither - Brad Paisley with Shoe Band
- 00:55:35 Life Is Like A Mountain Railroad - GK, Brad Paisley, A.S. and Shoe Band
- 01:00:36 Intermission - I Feel Fine w/GK vo
- 01:03:49 Welcome Back
- 01:03:58 GK Greetings
- 01:06:18 In the Sweet By and By - Cantus
- 01:08:30 Old Rosin The Beau - GK, Cantus, Richard Dworsky (2/9/2013)
- 01:11:35 Ruth Harrison Script (1/28/2012)
- 01:19:58 I'm Gonna Miss Her - Brad Paisley (6/4/2008)
- 01:22:36 Alcohol - Brad Paisley (6/4/2008)
- 01:26:09 Cowboys Script (1/28/2012)
- 01:37:17 GK Talks to Cantus
- 01:39:33 Jewett - Cantus
- 01:41:01 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:50:34 One Broken Heart - Pat Donohue and Shoe Band
- 01:52:40 MLK - Cantus
- 01:55:49 GK Credits
- 01:57:16 Don't Worry Baby - GK, Andra Suchy, Cantus and Shoe Band
- 01:58:42 GK Outro
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).