One Fair Fair
This week on A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor, the cast and crew will be missing the Minnesota State Fair while we're sailing on the 2013 APHC at Sea cruise, so we'll present a compilation of our shows at the Grandstand in 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009, including music from Suzy Bogguss, The Del McCoury Band, Mindy Smith, Jearlyn Steele, Tonic Sol-Fa, Andra Suchy, and Garrison's ode to fair food, "You Better Leave That Corndog Alone."
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 APM Logo
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues
- 00:00:55 GK Intro
- 00:01:51 "Mighta Coulda" - The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:04:52 Guy Noir w/GK singing "My Baby Just Cares for Me" (GK, SS, TR, TK,)
- 00:18:58 GK Intro Mindy Smith
- 00:19:15 "Jolene" - Mindy Smith
- 00:23:24 Crispy script with GK and Andra Suchy singing "Unchained Melody"
- 00:30:42 GK Powdermilk Intro
- 00:30:51 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:32:45 "Como Parkin'" - Pat Donohue
- 00:35:09 Cowboys script with Suzy Bogguss (GK, SS, TR, TK, FN, SB)
- 00:45:28 "Where Does the Money Come From" - Tonic Sol-fa
- 00:47:03 "One of Those Days" - Tonic Sol-Fa
- 00:51:25 Ketchup script (GK, TR, SS)
- 00:54:06 SFX script (GK, TK, FN)
- 00:59:16 "Boogie on Russ" - The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 01:02:29 GK Intermission ("Shine" - The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band)
- 01:05:23 GK Welcome Back
- 01:05:32 "Early" - Becky Schlegel with GK
- 01:09:45 "You Make Me Feel Like a Minnesota Woman" - Jealryn Steele and Rich Dworsky
- 01:12:43 Rhubarb script (GK, TR, TK)
- 01:18:50 "Paris, France" - GK and Jearlyn with Shoes
- 01:22:00 "All Over God's Promised Land" & "Five Flat Rocks" - Del McCoury Band
- 01:28:54 Duct Tape script (GK, SS, TK)
- 01:30:49 "We're Going Down" - Del McCoury and his band
- 01:34:14 "You Better Leave That Corn Dog Alone" - GK and Becky Schlegel
- 01:37:08 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:49:42 "Aces" - Suzy Bogguss
- 01:53:28 "Too Gone" - Pat Donohue
- 01:57:44 That's Our Show...
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).