This week on A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor, while our crew readjusts to Central Time and prepares for our season opener, one final summer repeat — a show originally from November 2011 at St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota. The St. Olaf Orchestra and St. Olaf Choir team up for "Fields of Gold," Garrison and Philip Brunelle highlight a few lesser-known Choir pianists, and Heather Masse sings "A Distant Melody." In Lake Wobegon, exiles return home for Thanksgiving.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 APM Logo
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues (studio open)
- 00:00:56 G.K. Intro V.O.
- 00:01:44 Varen Monologue - GK, St. Olaf Orchestra and St. Olaf Choir
- 00:04:10 Tishomingo Blues - GK, RD, PD, St. Olaf Orchestra and St. Olaf Choir
- 00:08:08 Norge, mitt Norge - St. Olaf Choir
- 00:10:20 The Turtle Dove - St. Olaf Orchestra
- 00:12:47 Catchup Script
- 00:16:51 I'm a Lutheran - GK, Heather Masse, Richard Dworsky and Pat Donohue
- 00:20:34 G.K. Sustainability talk
- 00:21:59 How Can I Keep From Singing? - H.M., G.K., St. Olaf Orchestra, R.D., P.D.
- 00:26:08 St. Olaf Choir Monologue - G.K. and Philip Brunelle
- 00:32:53 Powdermilk Biscuit Break - G.K., Richard Dworsky and Pat Donohue
- 00:34:23 G.K. intros St. Olaf Choir
- 00:36:58 Psalm 50, mvt. III - St. Olaf Choir
- 00:39:59 Children of the Heavenly Father - St. Olaf Choir and live audience
- 00:42:24 Guy Noir Script
- 00:57:33 Shostakovich's Symphony No. 5, mvt. II - St. Olaf Orchestra (G.K. intros)
- 01:03:15 Exactly Like You - Intermission
- 01:06:05 WELCOME BACK - G.K. Greetings
- 01:08:41 It Is So Beautiful - G.K. and Richard Dworsky
- 01:12:45 Fields of Gold - St. Olaf Choir and St. Olaf Orchestra with RD/Pat Donohue
- 01:17:16 In the Gloaming - G.K., Heather Masse and Pat Donohue
- 01:19:39 Beautiful Savior - St. Olaf Choir
- 01:24:02 When Love Is Lost - G.K., St. Olaf Orchestra, R.D., P.D.
- 01:28:29 A Distant Melody - Heather Masse with Richard Dworsky, Pat D.
- 01:31:50 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:40:18 Ripple - G.K., Heather Masse, St. Olaf Orchestra, R.D. / P.D.
- 01:44:33 Rhubarb Script
- 01:49:30 Mambo - St. Olaf Orchestra
- 01:52:03 G.K. Credits
- 01:55:31 My Minnesota Home - G.K., St. Olaf Choir, St. Olaf Orchestra, R.D. / P.D.
- 01:58:32 G.K. Outro V.O.
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).