Nothing But the Blues
This week on A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor, the first of our winter rebroadcasts, originally from May 2013 at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee. The Time Jumpers play "Six Pack to Go," Suzy Bogguss sings "I Always Get Lucky with You," and Stuart Duncan joins The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band for a medley of fiddle tunes. In Lake Wobegon, it's time for the fishing opener and the annual Willis Bunsen Grocery Run footrace.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 APM Logo
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues
- 00:00:54 GK Intro Voiceover
- 00:01:45 GK opens, talks about lower Broadway, Tootsie's Orchid Lounge, cousin Harold, "Divine Comedy"
- 00:05:45 We Must Have Been Out of Our Minds- GK, Suzy Bogguss, band
- 00:08:12 Mom script
- 00:15:13 I'm a Long Gone Daddy- Pat Donohue and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:18:20 GK introduces the Time Jumpers
- 00:19:23 Texoma Bound- The Time Jumpers
- 00:23:13 GK talks with the Time Jumpers, introduces Dawn Sears
- 00:24:13 Faint of Heart- Dawn Sears and the Time Jumpers
- 00:28:58 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:30:15 GK Announce Original Show Date
- 00:30:25 GK challenges the Time Jumpers to play The Yellow Rose of Texas
- 00:31:07 The Yellow Rose of Texas- The Time Jumpers
- 00:32:19 Nashville Songs script with "Crazy", "Mansion on the Hill", "I Will Always Love You" and "Orphan Girl"- GK, Suzy Bogguss, Vince Gill, Shoe band
- 00:39:53 The Lives of the Cowboys script (with Suzy Bogguss, Vince Gill and Stuart Duncan
- 00:52:33 Nothing But the Blues- The Time Jumpers
- 00:56:08 GK talks with the Time Jumpers
- 00:57:40 Six Pack to Go- The Time Jumpers
- 01:04:15 It Doesn't Matter Anymore (intermission)- Shoe Band
- 01:08:00 Greetings, GK talks about Nashville history
- 01:12:45 Mel script
- 01:15:47 I Always Get Lucky With You- Suzy Bogguss and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 01:19:08 Hold On (with Suzy Bogguss and Stuart Duncan)
- 01:23:21 Last Date- Richard Dworsky and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 01:25:35 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:38:39 Fiddle Medley: Ragtime Annie/ Gold Rush/ Fire on the Mountain- Stuart Duncan and Richard Kriehn
- 01:42:03 GK talks about honky tonkin'
- 01:44:05 I Hear You Talking- The Time Jumpers
- 01:48:04 Bartender's Blues- The Time Jumpers
- 01:52:05 Credits
- 01:53:22 Heaven Light is Shining on Me- GK, Suzy Bogguss, Vince Gill, Stuart Duncan/ Down Yonder- Time Jumpers
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).