Two More Hours
Coming to you this week from The Fitzgerald Theater in downtown Saint Paul, Minnesota, it's a live broadcast of A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor. With special guests, sparkling Irish vocalist Karan Casey, the French-styled sounds of Dan Newton's Café Accordion Orchestra, singer Aoife O'Donovan, and pianist and clarinetist Butch Thompson with vocalist Hilary Thavis. Plus, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors, Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Fred Newman, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Download this week's scripts as PDF documents:
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues
- 00:03:00 Open script
- 00:08:10 Big Puddles- Richard Dworsky and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 00:11:20 Ipanema script
- 00:13:38 Woody script
- 00:16:09 GK talks with Dan Newton
- 00:18:11 Salsipuedes- Café Accordion Orchestra
- 00:21:31 St. Paul Blues- Hilary Thavis and Butch Thompson
- 00:24:56 Leprechaun script
- 00:28:05 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:30:00 GK talks with Karan Casey
- 00:32:00 Young and Beautiful- Karan Casey and band
- 00:36:46 Karan and Aoife talk with GK
- 00:38:03 Home- Karan Casey and Aoife O'Donovan with band
- 00:42:00 Guy Noir script (with Aoife O'Donovan and Karan Casey)
- 00:55:48 The Burning- Aoife O'Donovan and Karan Casey with band
- 01:00:42 The Hippopotamus- GK, Aoife, Richard Dworsky
- 01:04:26 Intermission- Everybody Loves My Baby
- 01:08:00 Greetings
- 01:10:22 St. Paddy's Day Love- Richard Dworsky and The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 01:13:20 GK talks with Dan Newton
- 01:15:03 Indifference- Café Accordion
- 01:19:10 Diamond script
- 01:21:08 Blakedown- The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band
- 01:23:22 Ain't Nobody's Business- Hilary Thavis and band
- 01:26:49 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:40:25 St. Croix Thaw- Butch Thompson
- 01:42:25 Mary- Aoife O'Donovan and Karan Casey
- 01:47:22 Catchup script
- 01:49:52 Beer script
- 01:53:21 Credits, Goodnight Ladies
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).