Keep it Clean
Coming to you this week from The Fitzgerald Theater in Saint Paul, it's a live broadcast of A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor. With special guests, folksinger Willie Watson, soul siblings Jearlyn and Jevetta Steele, singer Hilary Thavis, and pianist and clarinetist Butch Thompson. Plus, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors, Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Fred Newman, The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Download this week's scripts as PDF documents:
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:13 Tishomingo Blues
- 00:03:00 GK opens, talks about spring coming, snowbirds coming back and not boasting about their winter, we did the suffering for them
- 00:06:00 Weekend script
- 00:08:36 Chinatown- Dean Magraw and Shoe Band
- 00:11:30 (You Make Me Feel Like A) Natural Woman- Jevetta Steele, Jearlyn Steele, band
- 00:15:12 Beer script
- 00:17:46 APF script
- 00:19:11 Lutheran script
- 00:21:34 Mamie's Blues (2:19 Blues)- Hilary Thavis and Butch Thompson
- 00:24:55 Argonne- GK and band
- 00:29:05 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:30:48 Mad Artists script
- 00:36:28 GK talks with Willie Watson
- 00:37:20 Mexican Cowboy (The Hills of Mexico)- Willie Watson
- 00:41:15 GK talks to Willie
- 00:42:09 James Alley Blues- Willie Watson
- 00:46:11 Guy Noir script
- 00:58:46 Big Tease- Shoe Band
- 01:00:52 Season of Jubilee- Jearlyn Steele, Jevetta Steele and band
- 01:03:50 Intermission- After You've Gone
- 01:07:48 Greetings, GK announces our 40th Anniversary celebration
- 01:13:05 Will There Be Any Stars In My Crown- GK, Jearlyn, Jevetta, band
- 01:17:05 This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)- Jearlyn and Jevetta with band
- 01:20:11 Hit the Road, Jack- Jearlyn, Jevetta, band
- 01:21:01 St. Paul script
- 01:23:57 GK talks with Butch, "River Sing to Me" with Dean Magraw
- 01:27:40 Keep it Clean- Willie Watson
- 01:31:30 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:43:00 I Love The Lord- Jearlyn Steele, Jevetta Steele, band
- 01:46:10 In the Garden- GK, Jearlyn, Jevetta, band
- 01:49:50 Rhubarb script
- 01:54:20 Credits, Midnight Special
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).