Getting Life on Track
This week on A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor, it's a live broadcast from The Town Hall on West 43rd Street in New York City. With special guests, adventurous acoustic trio Nickel Creek, folksinging duo Pharis and Jason Romero, and solo vocalist Heather Masse. Plus, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors, Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Fred Newman, musical director Richard Dworsky with Richard Kriehn on mandolin and fiddle, guitarist John Benthal, bassist David Finck and drummer Warren Odze, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:13 Tishomingo Blues
- 00:03:30 GK opens, talks about spring coming to NYC
- 00:05:40 SFX script (with "For the Beauty of the Earth")
- 00:15:10 GK talks with Nickel Creek
- 00:16:16 Destination- Nickel Creek
- 00:20:34 Fred Farrell script
- 00:21:50 GK intros Jason and Pharis Romero
- 00:24:17 Out on the Western Plains- Jason and Pharis Romero
- 00:27:12 GK talks more with The Romeros
- 00:27:44 My Man's a Jolly Railroad Man- Jason and Pharis Romero
- 00:31:50 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:33:48 Brooklyn Bridge- Heather Masse with Richard Dworsky and band
- 00:36:36 Guy Noir script (with Nickel Creek and Heather Masse)
- 00:49:07 GK talks more with Nickel Creek
- 00:50:40 Rest of My Life- Nickel Creek
- 00:54:38 The 21st of May- Nickel Creek (Sean Watkins intros)
- 00:58:28 Nobody Knows You- GK and Heather Masse
- 01:03:04 Intermission- April Showers
- 01:06:46 Greetings
- 01:10:00 GK announces our 40th Anniversary celebration
- 01:10:34 NY Water script
- 01:13:36 If Not For You- GK and Heather with band
- 01:16:30 GK talks with Jason and Pharis Romero
- 01:17:36 I Want to Be Lucky- Jason and Pharis Romero
- 01:22:14 Mom script
- 01:29:00 Willow Weep For Me- Heather Masse with Richard Dworsky and band
- 01:33:35 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:44:00 Gosling Parade- Richard Dworsky and band
- 01:46:28 POEM script
- 01:48:11 GK talks to Nickel Creek about their national tour
- 01:49:31 Elsie- Nickel Creek
- 01:52:27 Credits, Goodnight Sweetheart, Goodnight Ladies, Whiskey Before Breakfast
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).