Our City of Dreams
Coming to you this week from The Town Hall in New York City, it's a live broadcast of A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor. With special guests, soprano Maria Jette and pianist and accordionist Dan Chouinard, our friends Robin and Linda Williams, and classical pianist Stephen Hough. Plus, the Royal Academy of Radio Actors, Tim Russell, Sue Scott, and Fred Newman, musical director Richard Dworsky with Richard Kriehn on mandolin and fiddle, David Finck on bass, Kevin Kuhn on guitar, and Ray Marchica on drums, and the latest News from Lake Wobegon.
Download this week's scripts as PDF documents:
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 Logo
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues
- 00:03:10 GK opens, talks about the beautiful spring New York weather
- 00:05:21 Lobby script
- 00:09:33 GK intros Robin and Linda Williams
- 00:10:00 I'm On My Way- Robin and Linda Williams with GK and band
- 00:13:13 Rhubarb script
- 00:16:52 GK intros Maria Jette and Dan Chouinard, talk about P.G. Wodehouse
- 00:18:41 Bright Lights- Maria Jette and Dan Chouinard
- 00:21:58 In Our Little Paradise- Maria Jette and Dan Chouinard
- 00:27:13 POEM script
- 00:30:14 Powdermilk Biscuit Break
- 00:31:50 Careless Love- GK, Maria and Richard Dworsky
- 00:35:43 Linda Williams and Robin Williams come back
- 00:36:22 Life Has its Little Ups and Downs- Robin and Linda Williams
- 00:40:00 Guy Noir script
- 00:49:42 GK talks about the perfect spring day, woman on a train, brings up Stephen Hough
- 00:50:48 Träumerei (Strauss)- Stephen Hough
- 00:53:24 GK talks more about the woman on the train
- 00:54:21 Nocturne in E-flat (Chopin)- Stephen Hough
- 00:58:55 Intermission- I Feel Fine
- 01:02:27 Greetings
- 01:05:51 Give Me Just A Little More Time- GK and band
- 01:09:33 Artists script
- 01:13:41 GK announces our 40th anniversary celebration
- 01:14:12 The Quiet Life- Robin and Linda Williams with Dan Chouinard and band
- 01:17:50 GK talks more about P.G. Wodehouse, recites his work
- 01:20:00 Moon Song- Maria Jette and Dan Chouinard
- 01:25:06 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:37:05 Nocturne (Paderewski)- Stephen Hough
- 01:41:15 GK talks with Stephen Hough
- 01:44:05 Mom script
- 01:52:52 Boots of Spanish Leather- Robin and Linda Williams and band
- 01:56:45 I'm on My Way reprise
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).