April in New York
This week on A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor, a spring rebroadcast of a show originally from April 2011 at The Town Hall in New York City. The Assad Brothers play "Palhaço," Robin and Linda Williams join Garrison for a Hazel Dickens tribute, The DiGiallonardo Sisters sing "Somewhere Out There," and a host of special guests help us celebrate Shakespeare. In Lake Wobegon, Pastor Liz organizes an outdoor procession to celebrate Holy Week.
We're testing out a brand new audio player that will work on phones and other devices!
Audio available Sundays at noon.
- 00:00:00 APM Logo
- 00:00:12 Tishomingo Blues
- 00:00:56 GK Intro V.O.
- 00:02:12 GK talks Holy Week, DiGiallonardo Sisters sing NCAA Sweet sixteen
- 00:04:22 Hello Stranger- GK, Robin and Linda Williams, Rich Dworsky
- 00:09:32 Hold On- DiGiallonardo Sisters
- 00:11:56 GK talks about William Shakespeare, intros Bill Keller
- 00:14:28 Bill Keller reads sonnet 29
- 00:17:12 Kristen Bush reads sonnet 113
- 00:20:43 Ed Koch reads sonnet 73
- 00:22:18 April in New York- Tim Russell (as Mayor Bloomberg) w/ Rich Dworsky
- 00:23:27 GK intros the Assad Brothers
- 00:24:37 Stone Flower- Assad Brothers
- 00:28:08 Palhaço- Assad Brothers
- 00:33:17 Powdermilk Biscuit Break- GK/ Robin and Linda, Rich Dworsky
- 00:34:59 Guy Noir script
- 00:46:38 Somewhere Out There- DiGiallonardo Sisters and Richard Dworsky
- 00:49:01 SFX script
- 00:55:43 Liz Lark reads sonnet 43
- 00:58:00 Michael Ramirez reads sonnet 41
- 01:01:09 Joel Grey reads sonnet 56
- 01:02:45 Zita- The Assad Brothers
- 01:04:46 Intermission- I Saw Her Standing There, Richard Dworsky, solo piano
- 01:07:34 Welcome Back/Greetings
- 01:11:12 Lord, Listen to Your Children Praying- GK, RD, R&L Williams, DiGi Sisters
- 01:16:56 GK talks about Hazel Dickens, tribute- GK, R&L Williams, Rich Dworsky
- 01:22:50 Close Your Eyes I'll Be Here in the Morning-R&L Williams w Rich D.
- 01:26:48 News From Lake Wobegon
- 01:39:32 Venezuelan Waltz- Assad Brothers
- 01:42:33 Giovanna Del Giacco reads sonnet 57
- 01:43:45 Michael Morrison reads sonnet 37
- 01:45:39 Marina Del Giacco reads sonnet 147
- 01:48:25 GK and Rich talk about Passover, Od Yavo Shalom Aleinu
- 01:51:57 Lawn script
- 01:54:22 Credits, Chapel of Love
Listen to individual segments as listed below. Times may be edited for broadcast.
Need help listening to the audio? See how to listen.
Lovingly selected from the earliest archives of A Prairie Home Companion, this heirloom collection represents the music from earliest years of the now legendary show: 1974–1976. With songs and tunes from jazz pianist Butch Thompson, mandolin maestro Peter Ostroushko, Dakota Dave Hull and the first house band, The Powdermilk Biscuit Band (Adam Granger, Bob Douglas and Mary DuShane).